[v8] Some weapons won't work

Solver

I've been having problems with some weapons not working. The HEVY fires but there's no explosion. I can't make a shield soldier fire his pistol at all. After some clicking, I think it's actually a bug in loadout storage in v8.

image.png

Notice the rifle mag next to the HEVY. If you create a new role, it starts with whatever the previous role had, such as the basic rifle + mag. But then if you change weapons, you can't get rid of the previous ammo type.

More specifically:

1. Take a soldier with one of the default roles. Observe that the displayed ammo type is appropriate for the weapon.

2. Create a new role.

3. Right click the weapon. It gets removed as it should, but the ammo stays.

4. Right click any different weapon to assign - it will get assigned, but with the old invalid ammo.

Changing soldiers to the predefined loadouts works, but no new loadouts work. This essentially means that only the starting weapons are usable in this version. In conjunction with the other loadout bug I reported yesterday, I suspect it's something like the ammo type not getting stored in the loadout information.

Seems like the right-clicking is a problem. If you drag and drop another weapon instead, the ammo gets updated - I was able to fix the HEVY that way. Still doesn't work for the shield, which has no ammo type, so the old invalid ammo stays even if you drag the shield.

• Like 1