[V8] Can't load saved games

Puciek

This is a normal behaviour when a new version is released. So if you've just updated to the current V8 that's available on Steam, which actually is an internal release that was accidentally made available early, you won't be able to load any save games from any V7 versions - you can see that the version of the save game being loaded is "CLOSED BETA V7.4" which I'm guessing is not the version you're currently running. You will be able to load save games created from the new version. The reason for it is that saves from earlier versions sometimes cause more problems to be created.

So when any new version comes out you need to start from scratch again.

Weird. My V8 saves show that they're V8 as you can see here:

ciDjbXt.jpg

It's possible the dev team pulled down the accidentally released internal build so that the current version out there is still V7.4

Regardless, there is a bug I'd previously reported against 7.4 which was that you cannot load an automatically generated save from combat. You can if it's at the strategy level, and you can if you manually create the save in Combat, but automatic saves from Combat don't work. That's likely what you're encountering here. Chris said that it would be fixed for V8 as you can see here in my original report, but it was still an issue in the early V8 release that I was able to download.

13 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

I can load older saves in the V8, but it takes along time for it to show them on screen.

OK - that probably means the game is throwing a lot of errors in the background, which would make sense because a lot has changed between the two V8s.