[V8 - Soldier Screen] No training options, and soldiers not improving after missions

Emily_F

I have a training room, but no way to train my soldiers.  They're not improving their stats or getting promoted even after a kill.  Save attached (same as the one I attached for the other bug reports). 

Hopefully these are quick and easy bugs to fix so there can be a hotfix for the weekend but they are pretty game-breaking at the moment so I'm going to call it a night and wait for a hotfix. 

Screenshot (29).png

user-1.json

Thanks. The passive training has been removed in this build as part of a bigger rework of the training system, so that's intended.

However it's not intended that your troops are not levelling up after combat. It doesn't appear that that's a problem in the current version of V8 though, having just tested it, so if it was a bug in the previous version then it seems that it is now fixed!

I can confirm that this is happening for me in version 8. On GOG, I was playing 7.x last week and today with the update to version 8, my troops do not level up after missions and are all still private.

EDIT:

After about the fourth mission, ranking started to work again.  

EDIT 2:

Soldiers increase rank in mission screen but the rank change is not persisted (i.e. after getting promoted the soldiers are again demoted to private).

Edited by None
Additional Observations