Closed Beta V8 Delayed!

Just a quick post for anyone who was waiting with bated breath for the release of Closed Beta V8 - unfortunately we've had to delay this until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest (and possibly into early next week).

Unfortunately our technical director is off ill at the moment and he needs to fix up three fairly major bugs before the build goes out, and we're also very close to having ready both the realtime air combat update and the updated soldier equip screen that allows you to view the troops in multiple dropships / move their assignments around. It seems more sensible to push the release back a few days so we can include those features and fixes rather than try to rush it out now without them, hence the delay!

• Like 1

Anyone that was confused as to why V8 was supposedly delayed, but seemingly already released on the Steam experimental branch - sorry about that. I accidentally set an internal testing build live on the experimental branch a couple of days ago and I've only just noticed. To be clear, that is not the actual V8 and is missing a number of features and fixes that will be in V8 proper. I've now removed that build and reverted everyone back to V7.4.

That said, the playtesting that people did do on that internal build found a couple of pretty serious bugs that we weren't aware of, so it was actually very useful (thanks to everyone who made bug reports!) We'll be fixing them up before we release V8 for real and if all goes well it'll be out before the weekend.

• Like 1