List of missing features

mathguru

I am about to sit down and start playing the Beta on GoG-- just successfully loaded the key and installed.

The last time I played the game (through Xsolla), it was missing a ton of what I would consider bread-and-butter features (e.g. research). When I started the game for the first time, for instance, i couldn't figure out how to hire scientists (so I assume research is still missing?).

Could someone provide a list of the big-hitting items that are currently NOT included in the game so I know before I start playing?

There are things which may be missing, but X2 does things differently to X1 so what might be missing is in fact acheived in a different way. As en example: you cannot hire engineers or researchers. To acquire either, you must "recruit" them through operations on the strategy map. Click on one of the grey diamonds on the strategy map, preferably as close to your starting base as possible. You can then assign up to three soldiers to that. When the timer runs out, you can then select one of several rewards.

However, you begin the game with several researchers, and several engineers, as well as 2 research projects. You shuld be able to start researching immediately.