[V7.3 Geoscape] Resistances are off for Combat Armour

chiroho

After researching and manufacturing Combat Armour, I noticed that all my soldiers seemed to be "Resisting" many enemy attacks - I'd come back from a mission without suffering any injuries. It hadn't occurred to me why until I looked at the resistances in the Armoury screen - when wearing Combat Armour everything is pegged at 900%. In the default Tactical Uniform it's 0%. Not sure what the values should be, but I don't believe that 900% across the board is correct.

gF5iQQh.jpg

I don't believe that this is save game specific, but I'm attaching a Geoscape save so that you can easily see the difference by swapping in the different armour types.

user-12.json

So this is a very strange one - I've no doubt from your screenshot that this bug is actually happening, but if I load that save you provided then all the values for the combat armour are correct at like 20%. Is it the same if you load it?

We did have an issue previously where the bonuses would stack each mission, so 20% resistance would become 40% and then 60% resistance as missions happened ... but I've tested that too and it also doesn't seem to be happening. Does it happen immediately when you build and equip combat armour on any soldier, or only later in the game?

Weirdly, if I load that save file then the resistances show at 900%, not 20%. So it seems to be something sticking with my game. 

I don't remember exactly what happened because I didn't notice at first. I seem to vaguely recall equipping and unequipping armour, and then suddenly the value jumped to 900. It was more something that sort of flashed in the corner of the screen rather than anything I was specifically paying attention to. 

I'll have a look back and see whether I can potentially reproduce the problem. I think I have a save immediately following a mission where just two soldiers were equipped with combat armour as that's all I'd been able to build at the time. If not then I'll start a new game and see if I can reproduce that way.

7 hours ago, chiroho said:

Weirdly, if I load that save file then the resistances show at 900%, not 20%. So it seems to be something sticking with my game. 

I don't remember exactly what happened because I didn't notice at first. I seem to vaguely recall equipping and unequipping armour, and then suddenly the value jumped to 900. It was more something that sort of flashed in the corner of the screen rather than anything I was specifically paying attention to. 

I'll have a look back and see whether I can potentially reproduce the problem. I think I have a save immediately following a mission where just two soldiers were equipped with combat armour as that's all I'd been able to build at the time. If not then I'll start a new game and see if I can reproduce that way.

That sounds to me like the Combat Armour file in your game directory is somehow different to the one I had - if that is the case, every Combat Armour built will always grant 900% resistance. Are you on Xsolla or Steam / GOG? Xsolla's system for checking which files has changed is pretty bad and sometimes corrupts files.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

That sounds to me like the Combat Armour file in your game directory is somehow different to the one I had - if that is the case, every Combat Armour built will always grant 900% resistance. Are you on Xsolla or Steam / GOG? Xsolla's system for checking which files has changed is pretty bad and sometimes corrupts files.

I'm on Steam so I had it check the integrity of my local game cache and ended up with three files being replaced. No idea what happened, I certain that I hadn't manually changed anything, but after doing that I see a 30% resistance for Kinetic damage and 20% for Thermal and Shock, which I'm guessing is normal. Chalk that one up to something weird going on.