[V7.3 Combat] - Soldier was killed resisting mind control

Emily_F

3 hours ago, Emily_F said:

Combat mission, one of my troops got mind-controlled during one of my turns, then on the aliens' turn it said "So and so resisted mind control" and then promptly keeled over. There isn't an output log for me to attach, unfortunately. 

recording_1.rec

Thanks. Ah, shame about the lack of log. So in this instance a save would be really useful rather than a recording though; the game is autosaving at the end of every turn in ground combat (it saves at the point you press "End Turn"). So if you see this happen you can just attach the last ground combat save and I'll be able to reproduce it.

I'll have a quick test in the dev version to see if mind control kills soldiers though, perhaps I can reproduce it myself.

EDIT - nope, it seems like mind war doesn't cause deaths by itself. Do you remember if the soldier that died was bleeding, or anything? Or badly wounded etc?

Ah ha!  I found the save (user-5).  Admittedly, it is after she has been mind-controlled and dies straight away when you click End Turn.

The save before that one is groundcombat-73 I think. Typically, she doesn't mind controlled when you run it again. I have included saves 73 thru 75.  

output.log

output.log_1.fbae274650c2584d6a2eecaa03f7c33b

user-5.json

groundcombat-73.json

groundcombat-74.json

groundcombat-75.json

Perfect, thanks. This sort of bug report with the saves is really helpful - although it doesn't look like there's a bug here in this case. I've had a look at the save and the problem is that the affected soldier is on 3HP and had a bleeding wound, so they just drop dead at the end of the turn from bleed damage rather than it being anything related to the psionic ability.