[V7.3 Geoscape] Soldiers return to default loadout

chiroho

I have noticed when returning from a mission that soldiers often return to the default loadout after the Skyranger makes it back to base. For example, if a soldier has a loadout of Infantry yet you have assigned them to carry the HEVY Launcher, after completing a mission their loadout will return to the default for Infantry. It seems necessary to create a new loadout with the HEVY Launcher in order to prevent this. Similarly, soldiers that have been assigned to wear armour other than the default for the loadout, usually end up back in the default armour for that loadout after returning from a mission. This is not something new to 7.3 as I noticed it in 7.2 and 7.1 but didn't realise what was happening.

So I can't actually reproduce this - I equipped an Infantry soldier with combat armour, and a Sniper with combat armour too. I updated the Sniper loadout to include the combat armour and then won a ground mission and both soldiers retained their armour.

However, I used the autowin functionality (kill all enemies) at the start of the mission so perhaps something you are doing in the mission is causing that. Quite possibly it's something to do with saving.

I noticed this initially when only some of my soldiers had Combat Armour. But as I've equipped more with converted alien weapons, it doesn't seem to be happening as much. So I'm not sure exactly what is triggering it. I'll see if I can create a reproducible case and get a save uploaded.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:49 PM, chiroho said:

I noticed this initially when only some of my soldiers had Combat Armour. But as I've equipped more with converted alien weapons, it doesn't seem to be happening as much. So I'm not sure exactly what is triggering it. I'll see if I can create a reproducible case and get a save uploaded.

Incidentally, no need for this any more - we think we've found and fixed the bug now. It's linked to soldiers being killed in battle, which is why I couldn't reproduce it with the "kill all" command I was using to win the missions.