[V7.3 Strategy] - Soldiers STILL going missing

Emily_F

Hmm, we've obviously had multiple bugs regarding the soldiers and the soldier list, and it looks like there's still at least one here - thanks for bearing with us as we work through them all. So it looks like if you save a game and then load it, the soldiers in your soldier list are gone when you load that save. I think this is responsible for all the issues listed in this thread, because the game performs a save / load when you change from strategy to ground combat or back again.

There's also this bug, which potentially is the same thing: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20621-v73-strategy-loading-a-save-game-removes-all-your-soldiers/

I think they might be different bugs. One seems to be only associated with loading a saved game. The general haemorrhage of soldiers appears to be related to soldiers you have bought, and particularly when you have finished a mission, anyone in a non combat mission disappears from the roster 

4 hours ago, Chris said:

So it looks like if you save a game and then load it, the soldiers in your soldier list are gone when you load that save. I think this is responsible for all the issues listed in this thread, because the game performs a save / load when you change from strategy to ground combat or back again.

I definitely agree that loading a save game after closing the game and reopening it does seem to be related to some of the issues. I definitely notice the list emptying then. I've also noticed that soldiers disappear when changing from GC back to Strategy. However, I just completed a mission in which I had 10 soldiers on the dropship, and 6 assigned to various recruiting missions. I immediately looked at the Soliders list as soon as I got back to the Strategy view and while the 6 assigned to recruiting missions were not there, and I don't think they had been since I loaded the save, the 10 on the dropship did appear. So while this may well be part of the issue, it doesn't seem to be the entirety of it unfortunately.

• Like 1