General questions about the game

I heard about the game yesterday, checked out the WTF is....Xenonauts video on youtube, and decided to pledge on Kickstarter. Been playing the demo I got off Desura for a couple of hours, and I've got some questions. I apologise if these are asked all the time. I did search and read some threads, got some of my other questions answered already in fact.

1) During ground battles, I always ended up fighting in the same 2 locations. I assume this is because it's a demo, right? There will be more locations in the full game.

2) The "hidden movement" screen, will there be any way of toggling it off? I know it's similar to what X-COM had, but I'm not sure if it stayed so long on screen. Sometimes I miss an on screen action because the toggle between HM - action on screen - HM is too fast.

3) Some screens look a bit...off (on the world map section, when you can build buildings, research new technology etc), like the UI isn't finished yet. Am I right in this?

Thank you.

PS: I do realise this is still in its alpha stage.

1) Yes, there will be much more variety in the final game

2) As far as I know it's staying. No doubt it's duration will alter during Beta as other things come into effect.

3) There's a new UI on the way, which will change a number of the screens quite significantly.

oh, and welcome to to the forums!

Thanks! Good to hear. Will the update be available to everyone? I downloaded the file from Desura.

Also, you can't save during a ground mission right? I saved half way through a mission, but when I loaded the game it started from the beginning of the mission. Good idea actually.

Edited by xuerebx

Will the update be available to everyone?

No, updates will only be available to people that have preordered (either through kickstarter or through desura). I'm probably misunderstanding what you really want to ask here though.