[V7.2 - Terror Mission] - Before my first turn started, it came up as Mission Completed

Emily_F

Thanks. This is definitely a Terror mission rather than a Raid? So when this happens it's usually because a mission doesn't have combatants set, but I've done a test spawning a whole bunch of small and medium terror sites and they've all got combatants. I tested one and it loaded fine, so I don't really know what might be happening here.

If you see it again, the game now autosaves on the Geoscape before you commence the ground mission. If you can post up that save then we might be able to see what's going on.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:59 PM, Atish said:

I also had the same bug. 

Easiest mission ever.

Again, if you encounter this again please provide the save game. I did a quick check but I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with the terror mission setup, so I'll need a save or to encounter it myself before I can fix it up.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, Chris said:

Again, if you encounter this again please provide the save game. I did a quick check but I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with the terror mission setup, so I'll need a save or to encounter it myself before I can fix it up.

Try loading the attached autosave which is from immediately before a terror mission. In addition to entering the terror mission and encountering the instant "Mission Complete", I have also loaded this save file twice and both times the mission completed within a couple of seconds of the ground combat screen showing. So all you should need to do is the following:

1. Open the save
  2. Start the mission
  3. Wait for ground combat to load
  4. After GC loads wait a few seconds for the "Mission Complete" message.

Interestingly, if I went back and load the autosave that is generated for GC, the mission does not automatically end I am able to start it normally. However, when I hit End Turn after initially moving my troops I get a CTD.

strategy-19.json

Ugh. I reverted to V7.3 and I know what the cause is now, although it's not actually related to V7.3 at all. There's a Terror map floating around that has no alien spawn points, so when you get that map the aliens can't spawn and you auto-win the mission. Just gotta find that map and delete it for V8 now...

Hopefully that resolves the problem, though the weird thing is that it seems like every single terror mission, that can be reached due to the other issues, seems to have this problem. Certainly both of the terror missions that I've been able to reach in version 7.4 have had this effect. If it was just one map, would that map be coming up every time? The impression I get from those who have been posting on this and other threads is that either the terror mission goes away before you reach it, or it completes immediately. It doesn't seem like a normal spawn is happening for anyone.

Yup, that's because there's only one Terror map at the moment as all the others are still using the old helicopter design, and that one map happens to be the broken one. Anyway I'll fix up the spawn point issue for V8 and it should work fine after that. Thanks for your help tracking this down!