V7.2 combat - LMG weapons almost never hit anything

Emily_F

7 hours ago, Emily_F said:

So, here is a later LMG gunner. Accuracy for the shots given at 43% and not a single one hit

If you've got a save game I can look at it and see if there is actually a problem - I'm pretty sure it's working fine in most instances but it's very difficult to check that unless we're both looking at the same situation. Missing 5 shots at 43% isn't beyond the realms of possibility, it should happen roughly 6% of the time.

18 hours ago, Chris said:

If you've got a save game I can look at it and see if there is actually a problem - I'm pretty sure it's working fine in most instances but it's very difficult to check that unless we're both looking at the same situation. Missing 5 shots at 43% isn't beyond the realms of possibility, it should happen roughly 6% of the time.

When starting the game, the vast majority of hit chances for the Machine Gun are <20%, so I'm not entirely surprised when only one of the shots hit. It's only when firing at very close range, for example immediately over an obstacle, that you get a chance to hit much higher than 20%. So in my experience it has seemed to be working as expected. 

Emily, the file below is a modded version of the LMG which has the accuracy pushed up to sniper levels. Would you try a mission (it won't work properly if you use this in a mission) with this modded file? that way you  can see if it's a problem with the game or if it's a case of tweaking the accuracy of the LMG to something more respectable. To use it, you have to copy it into the Xenonauts directory which if you're using steam is steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts2/assets/assets/xenonauts/template/groundcombat/item/weapon/ . Before you copy the file, I would suggest making a backup of the original file so you can switch back easily.

ballistic_lmg.json

41 minutes ago, Max_Caine said:

Emily, the file below is a modded version of the LMG which has the accuracy pushed up to sniper levels. Would you try a mission (it won't work properly if you use this in a mission) with this modded file? that way you  can see if it's a problem with the game or if it's a case of tweaking the accuracy of the LMG to something more respectable. To use it, you have to copy it into the Xenonauts directory which if you're using steam is steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts2/assets/assets/xenonauts/template/groundcombat/item/weapon/ . Before you copy the file, I would suggest making a backup of the original file so you can switch back easily.

ballistic_lmg.json

Sure, I'll give it a go tomorrow

14 hours ago, Max_Caine said:

ballistic_lmg.json

@Max_Caine I tried doing this but it broke the game. When I try loading a saved game it gets to 99% and falls over.

UPDATE:  No, I had sent the file to the wrong folder. It's working now. 

Edited by Emily_F