[V7.2 Ground Combat] Sebilians seem to have way too much movement

chiroho

If you load the attached save file, the Skyranger will be swarmed by all the Sebilians in the area who all seem to be able to move at least 20 squares as well as use automatic fire 3, 4, or more times in a turn. In most cases they will run all the way up to a solder, use automatic fire on them, then run to another solder and do the same. They almost seem to keep moving infinitely and every single Soldier will be dead by the end of the turn. While they have always been difficult enemies because of their ability to regenerate, this amount of movement is a huge increase from the V6.x betas, and makes them impossible to fight.

Did you change a characteristic about them which had an unintended impact? The Psyons I've fought seem to be largely the same in the V7 beta as the V6.

user-144.json

17 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

I am glad that this is a bug, as there was noway you could win that engagement!

Have you experienced this bug yourself? We think it might be caused by repeated saving / loading, so if you have encountered this bug and you haven't been doing that then perhaps there are two bugs?

On 9/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, chiroho said:

If you load the attached save file, the Skyranger will be swarmed by all the Sebilians in the area who all seem to be able to move at least 20 squares as well as use automatic fire 3, 4, or more times in a turn. In most cases they will run all the way up to a solder, use automatic fire on them, then run to another solder and do the same. They almost seem to keep moving infinitely and every single Soldier will be dead by the end of the turn. While they have always been difficult enemies because of their ability to regenerate, this amount of movement is a huge increase from the V6.x betas, and makes them impossible to fight.

Did you change a characteristic about them which had an unintended impact? The Psyons I've fought seem to be largely the same in the V7 beta as the V6.

user-144.json

As my comment above mentions, this is actually nothing to do with the Sebillian regen ability - seems like there was a bug when saving / loading that would add turns to units that had not yet acted (in this case, the entire alien team had like 4 turns stacked up). Is that something that might have happened in your playthrough of that mission, or might we be looking at two different bugs?

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Seems like there was a bug when saving / loading that would add turns to units that had not yet acted (in this case, the entire alien team had like 4 turns stacked up). Is that something that might have happened in your playthrough of that mission, or might we be looking at two different bugs?

Yes. I had definitely been doing some save scumming in order to get the best results on the shooting from my Xenonauts. Exactly how many times I might have loaded I can't say, but I know that I probably reloaded a couple of times at least in order to try and get hits. So that definitely makes sense. You could, of course, consider it a penalty for save scumming, but I'm sure not everyone would go for that ... :)

Question though. Given that I'd probably done some reloading in my previous missions as well, I hadn't noticed Psyons taking large numbers of moves. Is it just more obvious with Sebillians? I'm assuming it would impact any units that hadn't yet acted, right?

Edited by chiroho
Added question

7 hours ago, chiroho said:

Yes. I had definitely been doing some save scumming in order to get the best results on the shooting from my Xenonauts. Exactly how many times I might have loaded I can't say, but I know that I probably reloaded a couple of times at least in order to try and get hits. So that definitely makes sense. You could, of course, consider it a penalty for save scumming, but I'm sure not everyone would go for that ... :)

Question though. Given that I'd probably done some reloading in my previous missions as well, I hadn't noticed Psyons taking large numbers of moves. Is it just more obvious with Sebillians? I'm assuming it would impact any units that hadn't yet acted, right?

Yup, it should affect any non-player units including the the Psyons. I guess you just didn't notice it, maybe?

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yup, it should affect any non-player units including the the Psyons. I guess you just didn't notice it, maybe?

It's also possible that, because Psyons are an easier kill and I didn't encounter them on a terror mission, I didn't notice because I probably didn't reload as much.