wrong choice on xsolla mail, for Chris

I've had a whole bunch of people email me about this matter too. I got in touch with Xsolla earlier today and I'll hopefully have an answer for you guys as to how to deal with it by tomorrow evening.

The keys aren't being sent out for another month (we've got to allow everyone enough time to fill out the survey) so there's plenty of time to get this fixed, don't worry!

thanks chris

11 hours ago, Chris said:

I've had a whole bunch of people email me about this matter too. I got in touch with Xsolla earlier today and I'll hopefully have an answer for you guys as to how to deal with it by tomorrow evening.

The keys aren't being sent out for another month (we've got to allow everyone enough time to fill out the survey) so there's plenty of time to get this fixed, don't worry!

1 hour ago, Endominus said:

The form to preorder at http://www.xenonauts.com/xsolla/ was still working as of three hours ago. Since I just bought the game, will I not receive an order form, or is there someone on their side I should contact with my information to manually specify my choice (given that I prefer GOG to Steam and so the default doesn't work for me)?

Thanks for the heads-up. I've taken down that form now and you're correct that it shouldn't have allowed you to purchase the game, however now you have you're entitled to a key like everyone else. Again, I'll follow this up with Xsolla. My preferred solution is to send everyone a fresh email and hopefully you'll be included on that, but we'll see what happens.

If you don't get sent a key at the end of September for whatever reason then get in touch with me and I'll get you sorted out.

1 hour ago, stewpidbear said:

Checked all my folders no email?

Just to check - you've got an Xsolla pre-order, not a Kickstarter pre-order? If so then it's concerning you've not recieved and email because it means you probably won't get the actual key when it gets emailed to you either. If you paid with Paypal etc, does that have a different email address associated with it that it might have been sent to?

53 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've taken down that form now and you're correct that it shouldn't have allowed you to purchase the game, however now you have you're entitled to a key like everyone else. Again, I'll follow this up with Xsolla. My preferred solution is to send everyone a fresh email and hopefully you'll be included on that, but we'll see what happens.

If you don't get sent a key at the end of September for whatever reason then get in touch with me and I'll get you sorted out.

Just to check - you've got an Xsolla pre-order, not a Kickstarter pre-order? If so then it's concerning you've not recieved and email because it means you probably won't get the actual key when it gets emailed to you either. If you paid with Paypal etc, does that have a different email address associated with it that it might have been sent to?

I honestly can’t remember which one I have! Just checked I’m a Kickstarter backer......sorry.....

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Muchos gracias, Chris.

A quick update on this - we're still waiting to hear back from the Xsolla technical team on what they think the best way to solve this is, and we'll let you know whether they'll add another option to the survey or send another mail out to the affected users.

We've confirmed anyone who bought the game after the mail went out is going to be resent the mail (only 4 people).

On 8/29/2019 at 2:08 PM, mitrida said:

*snip*

On 8/29/2019 at 4:29 PM, DangerBoy said:

*snip*

On 8/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, redcoat22 said:

*snip*

On 8/29/2019 at 8:06 PM, mengniub said:

*snip*

On 8/30/2019 at 9:14 AM, Endominus said:

*snip*

I'll send you guys a PM too, but as a general message to everyone who had a problem with the Xsolla emails - having spoken to Xsolla about this, they said they've just been manually updating the preferences of people who contacted their support saying they'd accidentally selected a GOG key instead of a Steam key, and it'd be easiest if everyone did that.

Therefore please go to the Xsolla support page here and explain the situation: https://help.xsolla.com/

Sorry about the process being a bit of a pain.

• 2 weeks later...