Xsolla to Steam/GOG Migration?

On 8/17/2019 at 4:43 AM, Arakawa said:

I know its a dumb question but I just wanted to know how Goldhawk is going to transfer people on Xsolla like myself to having the game on Steam to use older branches

Anyone with an Xsolla key for the game will get an email from Xsolla at the end of this month asking if they want a Steam or GOG key, and after a few weeks we'll email everyone the keys to redeem on Steam / GOG as normal.

Received the email from xsolla but its very misleading , I believe all of us have steam key by default and the link allows you to change to gog but the email itself is misleading after pressing the link it changes your key to gog:

Friend,

thanks for purchasing Xenonauts-2 via Xsolla. As Xenonauts-2 will shortly be launching into Early Access, we will be issuing all Xsolla customers with a Steam or GOG key. Please could you follow the link to indicate your preference for a Steam key or a GOG key?

2 hours ago, karolis said:

Received the email from xsolla but its very misleading , I believe all of us have steam key by default and the link allows you to change to gog but the email itself is misleading after pressing the link it changes your key to gog:

Friend,

thanks for purchasing Xenonauts-2 via Xsolla. As Xenonauts-2 will shortly be launching into Early Access, we will be issuing all Xsolla customers with a Steam or GOG key. Please could you follow the link to indicate your preference for a Steam key or a GOG key?

Yeah, exactly this mail I received. So it seems I shouldn't have click on GOG. My fault, but yeah message is quite misleading. So seems I have to wait till game is at Steam on Sale.

3 hours ago, Max_Caine said:

If X2 was Epic exclusive, then you wouldn't have the option to have any keys except Epic. Epic exclusivity locks out all other platforms, not just Steam. 

Ok, thats true.

Edited by horst2010

So I also got this email which told me to "CLICK ON THE CLICK TO CHOOSE"   I do NOT want a COG key but have now been tricked into this.  How do I fix this?  This was completely misleading and it needs to be fixed.

"

thanks for purchasing Xenonauts-2 via Xsolla. As Xenonauts-2 will shortly be launching into Early Access, we will be issuing all Xsolla customers with a Steam or GOG key. Please could you follow the link to indicate your preference for a Steam key or a GOG key?"

Edited by redcoat22

3 hours ago, Max_Caine said:

Your answer is in another castle. This castle, to be precise.

That is this we are writing in.
Eventually, if I get what you do mean, what is "Epic Exclusive"?

This is what I bought, and I don't see anywhere naming it being either "Epic" or "exclusive". Or being "exclusive" from "Epic"...
But I can't chose Steam. If I knew I couldn't choose Steam, I would have waited for the game to be released on Steam, and bought it then.
Anyway... you said if it was "Epic exclusive" it would lock out all other platforms. GOG included. So, the problem remains. Why we can choose only GOG and not Steam?

x2-pre.thumb.JPG.ea509035efe95af712f2621407de5b62.JPG

20 hours ago, Max_Caine said:

EDIT: Let's try again.

Chris has responded to requests for information and help in this thread.

He has also explained what he believes has happened in this thread

My comment on Epic was related to an unreasonable claim. It has nothing to do with your situation. 

Thanks, now thew thread links are correct, where Chris explained what happened and what he's doing.
I'll wait - along with many others, I think - to know how things will progress.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

after some time I checked Xenonauts2 again. Though my Xsolla does not update the game, it's frozen on 1.6.37 and neither repair nor reinstallation does help.

So I'd like to change to steam or any other running system. How can I do this?

Thanks & Cheers

mcw

1 hour ago, Max_Caine said:

@mcw Back at the end August of last year Goldhawk Interactive stopped using Xsolla as a service. You should have recieved an email from Xsolla with a key to access the Beta for either Steam or GoG at around that time, between August and Setptember. Did you have any communication from Xsolla at that time? 

Nope, -- no E-Mails so far. 

On 6/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, mcw said:

Nope, -- no E-Mails so far. 

Please send Xsolla customer support an email, as they should be the ones handling the migration - if they don't respond in a week, send me an email at the address in my signature below and I'll take a look.