Possible things to add to the workshop screen

I recently got to laser weapons for the first time and it got me wondering if it was possible to set production to unlimited, so you constantly have a few engineers churning out ammo.

For some reason I have a mental block about just using a high number and clicking it back up every so often.

Also it would be nice to do repeatable queues.

Like for example

1:Build one armor

2:build a laser rifle

3:build some other alien tech equipment

4:start over

Maybe even get a notification every time the queue is at the starting over point.

That would make outfiting several soldiers less micromanagey...

Not that important in the big scheme of things though.

regards

Davoren

I'd like there to be some micromanagement left to be honest.

It's part of the charm having five projects but having to shuffle my engineers between them as I can't do them all at full efficiency. But having a couple of guys on ammo after you have your initial batch seems to be enough.

The idea it self is a good one though, and it might be worth doing just to have the game be more modern for all the kidz.

Sorry for a bit of offtopic, but it also would be nice addition to see some kind of message on the geoscape news when an item is finished.

It could look like this:

"Fishing ships attacked by unknown craft"

"Laser rifle production completed at Europe Base"

and so on...

Sorry for a bit of offtopic, but it also would be nice addition to see some kind of message on the geoscape news when an item is finished.

It could look like this:

"Fishing ships attacked by unknown craft"

"Laser rifle production completed at Europe Base"

and so on...

Yes, totally that.

Anways, there is nothing at all wrong with micromanagement, I just find it silly to have it for its own sake.

If I imagine to be in charge of that operation for real and I actually did get this closely involved with the manufacturing

I would never go down to the workshop every other day and tell them " ok stop everything your doing and start on this instead".

Emergencies don't count of course ^-^

To Chris: Very true, but if I save alienium ammo for special cases, I would still have them produce non-alienium ammo constantly as my mainstay ammo.

Or I'd try to get a balance with aquiring the stuff and weaponizing it so I don't constantly have to change things around.

Getting comfy in my sweet spot you know?

Anyway, whether you implement this or not, I never meant it to be mandatory to use. More options usually don't hurt.

regards

Davoren