A few things not quite worthy of bug reports

So, there are a few things currently that I'm not sure are bugs or just minor issues:

1) Is the composite armour meant to be so rubbish? I can't see the point in researching & making it if the only benefit is it's a BIT lighter than combat armour, but provides no more protection. 

2) What is the "energy blade" I keep seeing in my retrieval list that I can't research?

3) I think the gauss weapons need a bit more than 20% improvement on the ballistic rifles. Again, once you've got laser weapons, there seems little point in getting anything else. 

4) Will there be a benefit to catching other live aliens in the future? It would be nice if they were part of the story. Also, it would be cool if you could "chip" them and take them with you on missions to use as drones to send into dangerous areas to get killed first before sending your good troops in :)

5) Occasionally, I have had troopers walk through walls.  It wasn't worth a full on bug report, and I think someone already mentioned it. 

• Like 1

Just some personal thoughts:

Lighter armor could be better for the rooks, they might get an extra grenade or two (kind of like Rigging in EU)

Gauss might be better against certain defense types, they mentioned buffing the alien ballistics recently. I'm imagining an XDiv type scenario where they see there to let you make better use of early Ballistic armor, but then come into play as a situational damage type later. 

Energy blade is probably the tier 2 of the Knife.

I hope they bring in the XDiv thing of different alien types having chances of unlocking new techs.  It felt fantastic building dozens of Shock Rockets to capture entire maps for their hidden tech goodies. (Unlock chance was in the base game, but XDiv took it up to 11)

15 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

Talking about knifes, why is the combat knife so large that it takes 6 slots in the back pack to store, when it should have a scabbard on the belt??

Probably because the stun baton took 6 in X1, possibly because it near insta-killed many lower enemies. It's nerfed, but portable version in XDiv is definitely more...brutal, but convenient for storage. (You basically have to go full LAPD on a sebillian engineer with your rookies)

Discussion on the Gauss weapons and the Composite armour is probably best done in the balance thread, I think. They're both meant to be a fairly significant improvement over what has come before, and they are if not then we should probably discuss the numbers until they are.

The energy blade is the secondary melee weapon carried by Wraith Officers (I think), but the AI doesn't know how to use it yet. If the Xenonaut combat knife makes it into the final game, the energy blade will be unlock an upgrade for it.

Capturing live aliens - yeah, I hope there'll be a reason to do so. It's often a bit tricky to fit it into the tech tree though.

If you see units move through walls, just grab a screenshot of the wall and post it up. It's a data entry problem, we just need to know which tiles we need to fix though.