[6.3 Ground combat] Soldier stuck above alien's body.

m3nt0r

• 4 weeks later...

The first time I played since the release on Steam. Total failure on my side of course, squad dead with first UFO crash site, but I wanted to see what is new.

However I found the same bug with my soldier couldn't leave the Sebillian corpse square.

1797841163_cantleave.png.378eab5925344deb4c25ee0aa3ee0156.png

Edited by thixotrop

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Tried reporting using the in-game bug reporter but not sure how it works so reporting it here.

For it happened after i moved a soldier to a cover just on top of an alien body (it was a Psyon in my case) and crouched there. When i tried moving the next turn i couldn't, i could still stand up, crouch and rotate but not move. Not sure whether the crouching step is important.

I thought i would have a save but it looks like the game only auto-saves at the start of a mission and i forgot to manually save. It was really late "yesterday" (should i say early today)

EDIT : And just to confirm this does happen to Civilians effectively blocking the turn (with the main menu unavailable). Still unsure what's causing it as i've been unable to cause this glitch when i tried to.

A temporary workaround for the civilians lock could be to allocate a max time to friendlies turn.

Edited by Lord Yanaek