[V1.6.37 Grount Combat] Death by Dance Party

I left 3 units watching a corner when a Psyon walker walked around the corner, one fired, but it seemed like it couldn't decide what to do, as it kept flashing Enemy Activity and Hidden activity over and over. Logs and Save attached. Issue happened when hiding behind the southern trough. 3 were behind it, 1 was behind the hedge. The two that seemed to be, and should have been reacting were behind the hedge, and middle of the trough. 

output.log

output.log_1.7ba5c06dec005d82d31db45b6bf95214

Autosave01.json

Thanks for the report. Doesn't look like there's much usable in those logs and the start of the mission autosave isn't particularly useful because I doubt we'll be able to recreate the setup from that.

We might implement an debug autosave in the GC each turn to make these sorts of errors easier to catch, because with a save immediately before it happens this sort of thing is usually pretty easy to fix. Without one it's often like trying to find a needle in a haystack. 

Thanks, that screenshot does make it easier for us to theorise about what might be happening. But yeah if it's only happening occasionally we'll probably wait until someone finds a save that easily allows us to recreate the bug, hopefully those debug autosaves will be in the next major release so that'll make it easier for everyone.

On 7/18/2019 at 8:31 AM, Chris said:

Thanks for the report. Doesn't look like there's much usable in those logs and the start of the mission autosave isn't particularly useful because I doubt we'll be able to recreate the setup from that.

We might implement an debug autosave in the GC each turn to make these sorts of errors easier to catch, because with a save immediately before it happens this sort of thing is usually pretty easy to fix. Without one it's often like trying to find a needle in a haystack. 

I managed to recreate it on accident during a terror mission. I can only assume it's LMG related, because it was the only common thread between the two areas, and I was able to do it twice on this map. Got a video this time. 

Could be anything of course, but I've fixed a bug that had similar symptoms in X1, and that was caused by a soldier trying to reaction fire (i.e. scoring a successful reaction check) but being unable to do so, such as having an empty mag.