[V1.6.37] Suppression Not Suppressing So Good

16 minutes ago, Coffee Potato said:

That's what I mean, though, this one shows 6.3, and it updated to it before I saw the above. 

If it says V6.3 on the title screen then you've got the latest version already.

However, you really need to post up a screenshot if you're going to ask this sort of question - it could indeed be a bug, or there could be other factors at play like extreme range or you trying to suppress a fearless unit like an Andron or something. If you provide a save game too we can just load it up and check whether the unit has taken any suppression damage that turn. Without any context I can't hazard a guess.

A save from the start of the mission doesn't particularly help, because I still don't know what alien you're trying to suppress and at what range and what the intervening objects are - which is why a screenshot would be handy too. I suppressed a Psyon standing near your dropship and that seemed to work fine.

You can press F5 to quicksave the game any time you like, so maybe try that before attempting to suppress any alien when you next play the game. If it doesn't go to plan, send over the quicksave and we can look at it. But just bear in mind what I said in the balance thread just now - suppression is now caused by the actual shot path of the bullet, whereas in X1 it was applied automatically to the target no matter where the bullets ended up. What that means is if you shoot at long range and the bullets go nowhere near the target you won't inflict any suppression on them. Maybe that explains the issues you're having?