Jump to content

Assigning loadouts quickly


Recommended Posts

One of the things I loved from X1CE was the ability to select a soldier loadout from the soldiers list. I'd like to be able to see & choose the loadout in the Soldiers & Armory tab directly, without going to soldier profile. 

The reason is very simple: sometimes you have few soldiers with wounds or you lack some gear, and you need to force other soldier to other loadouts. In the soldier list, in the same way you do with training, since you see the stats, you may see better which one should go to which position. And when you hire a new soldier, you can see which role you are lacking easily. Going to each individual profile and change them is very tedious. Save us a lot of clicks with a simple combobox!

It would be nice if you could see stats in the Armory tab too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh, I've had X:CE installed for years but I'd never actually registered that little UI change before. Given we're now moving to multiple dropships I'm currently thinking we'll probably also be moving back to the system of having the roles set on specific soldiers rather than dropship slots, so yeah I think this change is something we can do when we do that. I'll note it down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh, I thought that was always there, thanks, CE! [You are solely responsible for the ease of which I force fed rookies into the 28 bases that needed destroying in my first XDiv run 0_0]

Also, is there any way to switch between the two systems? I love the idea of dropship assigning for certain parts, and standard loadouts for others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2019 at 1:55 AM, Coffee Potato said:

Huh, I thought that was always there, thanks, CE! [You are solely responsible for the ease of which I force fed rookies into the 28 bases that needed destroying in my first XDiv run 0_0]

Also, is there any way to switch between the two systems? I love the idea of dropship assigning for certain parts, and standard loadouts for others. 

It's theoretically possible but it's pretty clunky in UI terms, and those screens already have an extremely complex interface. Who knows, maybe it's something the CE team could take a look at post-release though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my perspective having some kind of dropship assignment is just confusing, and goes against how games tend to work in general. X1 already had enough difficulties (with CE and without) to make soldier loadouts understandable, i.e., convey that the saved loadouts are just that and not character classes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be kinda neat if there was ever an RPG-esque means of auto-assigning things based on space available and best stats. Always seemed odd to me that the X1 starting soldiers seemed to be sorted this way, but there was never an attempt for the game to auto-categorize people into the default classes. If this ever does happen, I'd love to have a menu that just was a series of "if stat is <> this or the other, make into Blah". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

QoL improvement on top of XCE: let us "select all" and "apply to all" both loadouts and aircraft/unassigned.

 

I constantly rotate and completely cycle out squads in the game, and it's incredibly tedious with the current (X1 XCE) UI... dozens of clicks just to get everyone out of their assigned craft and give everyone an "unassigned loadout" so I can start to build a squad from scratch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2019 at 2:23 AM, DNK said:

QoL improvement on top of XCE: let us "select all" and "apply to all" both loadouts and aircraft/unassigned.

 

I constantly rotate and completely cycle out squads in the game, and it's incredibly tedious with the current (X1 XCE) UI... dozens of clicks just to get everyone out of their assigned craft and give everyone an "unassigned loadout" so I can start to build a squad from scratch.

How would that work? Perhaps via the checkbox for each soldier, where updating the loadout of a selected soldier would also update it for all other selected soldiers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 10:22 PM, Chris said:

How would that work? Perhaps via the checkbox for each soldier, where updating the loadout of a selected soldier would also update it for all other selected soldiers?

I'm not sure how to add it into the current UI scheme more seamlessly than something like what you said. I do feel like the checkmark boxes could be utilized more fully in that screen, this would be one way, also aircraft assignment. Just a lot of clicks are required, if you have whatever 10 or 12 people you're removing from a chopper and adding (say moving from a hard base mission with vets to an easy crash site for rookies), having to click twice on the assignment for each, it's 40+ clicks without using the checkmarks, versus 20+2 with. It's one of the few parts of the UI that feels slow/clunky. You've already got the check boxes in there, so I figure you can figure out something to make it work well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...