[V5.1] Mag Weapons - Not Quite Ready Yet?

I did some research on the linear weaponry and got the mag weapon art stuff for the shotgun and the rifle (2 I managed to get built prior to this mission).

Looking at the equip screen before the battle, the area where you should collect ammo seems .... odd .... and doesn't interact to drag and drop or click and add, either ...

EFFF5A5F6BE4FF68E3613FCC25F9FF26C7583F45

I thought, maybe the weapon is self-sufficient (up to 99 shots?) so my first time out, I simply went with the weapon and extra grenades where my laser rifle clips had been (which, come to think of it, I guess were a waste of space as well ...) but this weapon appears to do nothing at all if you go that route.  

My next thought was they basically said in the lore that it's more or less a high-powered version of its predecessor, so ... I tried loading a few standard shotgun shells in there ... I still got no targeting reticle but when I did try to self-fire the gun, I did achieve something .... that something was a screen fulla red error looking text shortly before CTD'ing.  

Guess I'll stick with the laser weaponry for now.  This is as far as I've made it through and I'm on your newest version of the game.

Ah, what's happened there is that I've apparently not set the research to unlock the ammo for MAG weapons - the weird thing on the right is a placeholder item that's used if the intended item is missing.

I'll get it fixed up. Thanks for the report.

3 hours ago, Wyldefyre_CP said:

I did some research on the linear weaponry and got the mag weapon art stuff for the shotgun and the rifle (2 I managed to get built prior to this mission).

Actually, false alarm. Looking at this again - you're on V5.1, not the newest version on the Experimental branch (V6)? The MAG weapons are now called Gauss weapons and this issue should already be fixed in V6.

In future please put the version number in the title because it makes it much easier for me to figure out what's going on :)

21 minutes ago, Chris said:

Actually, false alarm. Looking at this again - you're on V5.1, not the newest version on the Experimental branch (V6)? The MAG weapons are now called Gauss weapons and this issue should already be fixed in V6.

In future please put the version number in the title because it makes it much easier for me to figure out what's going on :)

Apologies - you are correct that I am on Version 5.1 - what's surprising to me is that I thought I was on auto-update (it HAD seemed like a good while since the last update had rolled out, but I thought I had read a few weeks back where you said it might be a few weeks til you put out the next one, lol .... actually, I was grateful for the delay, since it meant I got to try going further with the game this go around then the last few times I've hit the reset.

Figuring how that may have happened ... I DID create a 2nd shortcut for the game, linked through Steam, b/c my other Steam-Linked version wasn't allowing a friend of mine to watch me play (yes, I'm trying to slowly win her over to the Dark Side ... umm, get her to want the game, lol ...)  So maybe this version did not get the upgrade somehow ...

2 minutes ago, Wyldefyre_CP said:

Apologies - you are correct that I am on Version 5.1 - what's surprising to me is that I thought I was on auto-update (it HAD seemed like a good while since the last update had rolled out, but I thought I had read a few weeks back where you said it might be a few weeks til you put out the next one, lol .... actually, I was grateful for the delay, since it meant I got to try going further with the game this go around then the last few times I've hit the reset.

Figuring how that may have happened ... I DID create a 2nd shortcut for the game, linked through Steam, b/c my other Steam-Linked version wasn't allowing a friend of mine to watch me play (yes, I'm trying to slowly win her over to the Dark Side ... umm, get her to want the game, lol ...)  So maybe this version did not get the upgrade somehow ...

It's fine - but you'll need to switch over to the Experimental branch to get the latest updates from now on. The details on how to do this are in the patch notes on the Release Announcements sub-forum.

• Like 1