[V5.1 - General] No soldiers available for hiring

Not sure if this is a bug or it was designed, but after all your soldiers die, no soldiers are available to hire.

This means it is not possible to enter any ground battle. Then what's the point of continuing the game?

The game should either end (lost) or notify the gamer regarding the situation.

But there were no messages... It is absolutely unclear, what should the user do next?

thanks

That the number of soldiers available for hire is limited is probably not a bug - you get a new selection of soldiers availabe for hire each month. And if you hire them all, you have to wait for next month to get new ones.

But after reading your post, I am not entirely sure what you mean by "after all your soldiers die":

Do you mean

A) you hired all soldiers availabe and got killed all of them within a month (about 20-something soldiers in total). Not sure how you achieved this but in this case - just fast forward until next month (after financial report appears). You will get more soldiers for hire.

or

B) you had soldiers for hire before the mission and did not hire them all. You have got only your 8 current soldiers killed. After they were killed, the list of soldiers available to hire was empty (was not empty before).

?

As I said, A) is probably not a bug, but if it happened like B) then it might be a bug.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:09 PM, wulf 21 said:

That the number of soldiers available for hire is limited is probably not a bug - you get a new selection of soldiers availabe for hire each month. And if you hire them all, you have to wait for next month to get new ones.

But after reading your post, I am not entirely sure what you mean by "after all your soldiers die":

Do you mean

A) you hired all soldiers availabe and got killed all of them within a month (about 20-something soldiers in total). Not sure how you achieved this but in this case - just fast forward until next month (after financial report appears). You will get more soldiers for hire.

or

B) you had soldiers for hire before the mission and did not hire them all. You have got only your 8 current soldiers killed. After they were killed, the list of soldiers available to hire was empty (was not empty before).

?

As I said, A) is probably not a bug, but if it happened like B) then it might be a bug.

Scenario A was more likely to take place. I hired all available soldiers and they all got killed in the battles, and then I had to wait for some time until new soldiers appear in the list. If it's one month, as you said, then it's fine, now I know it.

It would be great to understand it from the game... Any notifications and game tips could help this, e.g. if all soldiers died, then the user can see the message in the Soldiers tab saying "Please wait for the next month to hire new staff..." or something like this.
Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

• 3 weeks later...