Names for pre-generated characters and pictures

From what I've seen so far, as long as the name you submit is within reason, they'll not question it.

You'll get an email when the kickstarter finishes about these things. If you pre-ordered via kickstarter you have to wait until that is done to get your medal, as you haven't actually paid for anything until that time. If you pre-ordered earlier got to the thread to see how to claim your badge.

Guaddlike said it best:

Until kickstarter collects your payment when the drive ends you don't get any of the things you have pledged for.

That is because you haven't paid for them until that point.

Once it ends you should receive an email with all the info you will need.

What do you mean by "character name as informal" btw? Do you have an example? If you mean internet handle or something like that then I don't think you will get it. It should be a real name.

If you are called Jason but would prefer your character to be called Jay then that shouldn't be an issue.

If you were called Jason but wanted your character to be called BigBoy74 then that would not fit with the rest of the game so the devs would likely ask you to make another choice.

They may also ask for proof (of your name being BigBoy, not of you deserving that name).

Even though I didn't pledge enough to have my name in the game, I'm glad you're taking such a sober approach to names. As someone who regularly uses no less than three different names (none of which are my legal name), I don't appreciate being asked for ID. :P

As someone who regularly uses no less than three different names (none of which are my legal name), I don't appreciate being asked for ID. :P

May I ask why? Are you trying to get into the local "watering hole" but not of age yet, or commiting mail fraud, or do you have a reasonable reason?

Are you trying to get into the local "watering hole"

Isn't this a reasonable reason? :rolleyes:

Apparently she's a woman, I can imagine not being added on facebook or what have you by every guy she shakes hands with is a relief.

I take pride in my name, though that took a while, it's absolutely unique and that's pretty cool.

A lot of people use their middle name or a vaguely related nickname.

I used to know someone who was called Taff by everyone including his wife and other family members.

Took me years to realise his name was David but he had an uncle who was Welsh (Taff is a slang term for a Welsh person, no idea if it is derogatory or not).

He had been carrying that name for the last 30 years, he even introduced himself and signed documents as Taff.

May I ask why? Are you trying to get into the local "watering hole" but not of age yet, or commiting mail fraud, or do you have a reasonable reason?

Well, I hate my legal name--it can't be pronounced in English and has religious connotations. (More so than regular old Biblical names.) There's some gender issues involved that some people know about but others don't, so there's two names involved there. And even with my preferred first name, Kim(berly), it varies whether I use "Quinn" as my middle or my last name--and it's not my legal middle or last name. :P

So uh, maybe not all of them are normal, but it's nothing sordid.

I'm working on a legal name change to simplify the issue somewhat.

""I think of my body as a temple. Or at least a relatively well-managed Presbyterian youth center.""

-Emo Phillips.

I look at the chance to get my name put in, and I think "What's the point?" who can I tell since I prefer to go by another name on the forums and people just nod politely whenever I mention X-Com/Xenonauts elsewhere.

""I think of my body as a temple. Or at least a relatively well-managed Presbyterian youth center.""

-Emo Phillips.

I look at the chance to get my name put in, and I think "What's the point?" who can I tell since I prefer to go by another name on the forums and people just nod politely whenever I mention X-Com/Xenonauts elsewhere.

For games and films that allow you to get your name in the credits or on a website if you pledge enough, I always justify it like this: if I run for office one day (I'm ineligible for the presidency, but I'll settle for senator), then it won't be long before someone realizes I sponsored those things they loved so much way back when. It's like a time-traveling political campaign! :P

So, you're saying that years of patient, and very cynical, seed planting is a better way to long term power than the orbital death ray I'm building in the garage?

I wonder if you give an evil chuckle every time you do this

Kimberley says: Why yes, I'll sign the Firefly online petition

Kimberley thinks: Bwah ha ha you puny fool! you cannot grasp my decade spanning plan! your mind is too feeble! your grasp of exclamation marks pitiful!

I have a lot of gaming friends, and you can be damn sure I'll take a screenshot and /flex a lot.

You can give us your code in the guaranteed "what's your code" thread and then we can play with you...