[X:CE 0.35] Some ranks are not showing (french translation)

Hello everyone, 

Like described in the title, some ranks do not show on the picture of the soldiers when i use the french version, neither at base nor in combat. Those ranks are private, corporal, sergent and major (or captain don't remember), i believe.

I already find the culprite and it is X:CE Base Mod (fr), obviously. Once deactivated, everything gets back to normal on a new game. While not really game breaking a quick fix would be nice and more game immersive.

Cheers !

• 1 year later...

Hello, a bite late, but I don't see any bug with 0.35.1 (and I doubt the concerned file has changed since 0.35). Those ranks are correctly displayed both in long and short version, on my installation. Or would you have more details?

@Solver Could there be any chance that some of the xml FR files I provided are plagued with a bad encoding/EoL thing, that I can't detect on my installation? Would you please mind starting a new game in French on Windows to confirm or infirm OP's observations? Apparently, the soldiers roster at day 1 would be the place to check. According  to files, you should read "1°CL"/"1°Cl" instead of "PRV.", and "CPL"/"Cpl" instead of "CPL.". We only use a period after a true truncation in French, not after a mere abbreviation.

Edited by Rodmar18

On 10/11/2020 at 4:46 PM, Rodmar18 said:

@Solver Could there be any chance that some of the xml FR files I provided are plagued with a bad encoding/EoL thing, that I can't detect on my installation? Would you please mind starting a new game in French on Windows to confirm or infirm OP's observations? Apparently, the soldiers roster at day 1 would be the place to check. According  to files, you should read "1°CL"/"1°Cl" instead of "PRV.", and "CPL"/"Cpl" instead of "CPL.". We only use a period after a true truncation in French, not after a mere abbreviation.

I no longer have an available Windows machine. But I can see that the XML files in your French translation are CRLF-terminated, and the rank entries look fine to me, though I wouldn't be too surprised if somehow the game gets broken by the weird degree symbol (is it?) in "1°Cl".