Reality-related suggestions

I'm playing alpha v 9.1, if any of the things 've been implemented since then and I don't know about it, sorry.

Here are my humble suggestions:

1. Securing a ufo after tactical mission. I read here that you have to hold a unit "in" the UFO for several turns (I assume the number specified on the splash screen for tactical mission, i.e. 5 turns). However:

- if I hold a unit there and kill all the aliens, the mission ends and the ufo is not secured

- if I hold the unit there and intently do NOT kill any aliens, aliens escape, and the ufo is not secured

The ufo crash-lands, a supra-governmental military body moves in, kills all aliens; now that'd pretty much assume they can "secure" the ufo and do whatever they want with it, just like in the original x-com and in clones such as ufo:ai, ufo afterlight etc.

2. Unlike the original, there's no way to see "behind the buildings" when you have a soldier there. Unlike clones, map can't be rotated.

So if there's a building obstructing the view, and I have both a soldier and an alien behind it, I can't target, although the soldier has LOS to the enemy. The only workaround is to have another soldier _enter_ the first floor of the building in question and approach a door to the "showdown", if available, then the building becomes "transparent" and I can finally see what's going on and target the enemy with the original soldier. Very unplayable in this respect, less of a problem now while there's generally a single tactical map, more so when there'll be more maps...

3. "Corpse destroyed" - isn't it overly simplistic? Yes, the thing is not alive, but something tells me that unloading a pistol\AR\shotgun into an alien would render a pretty much intact and researchable corpse. I'd guess the alternative approach where researching corpses give access to certain tech, while researching\interrogating live specimens gives access to even more tech.

4. Furthermore, wouldn't it be possible to capture a live alien before developing ranged stun weapons by e.g. approaching the alien with e.g. 2 or more units which would "overpower" it? This would introduce an element of high risk\high reward early in the game. You either lose these guys, or have them overpower the alien together if you plan correctly. Neat idea, no?

5. "Hidden movement" between turns - I'd assume the aliens in LOS of soldiers would move without this sign and their movement would be visible to the player, not only their end state. This is logical, no? Only truly hidden movement (i.e., of the units not in the LOS of PC's) should be hidden.

7. Any chance to enhance civilians' behavior? Two obvious choices: introduce panic mode where they move uncontrollably, and allow soldiers to direct them to the dropship, so that they would not get in the way. Directing them would cost TUs, but still, realistic, no?[/b]

You can actually perform an autopsy on alien corpses, through the research menu. But once you've researched that, any other bodies are simply marked as "destroyed"---I took that to mean they were destroyed as part of clean-up, not during the fight.

Almost all of your list points are features that arent fully implemented yet. I get the feeling you assume that the current version is feature complete. This alpha build is unusually stable for an Alpha build. Most of the times they aren't this playable So that might confuse you.

Furthermore how did you manage to get a problem with number 2? Did you accidentally press the "TGL RF" button and then not switch it back? Or are you playing an older version then the one available on the kickstarter page?

Pressing the TGL RF button should reduce the buildings to the current camera level makeing it uneccesary to move a soldier inside the building to be able to see aliens behind it.

1. You do secure it as long as you win in either way, it's just that you melt it down for scraps (alloys, powercores, navigational instruments etc.) curently. I'm not sure if you will acctually do anything else with it later on. What were you expecting would happen when you secure an UFO?

2. WIP and you have missed the workaround in the TGL RF button.

3. You have missunderstood what has happened. See Kimberly's comment

4. Not yet implemented feature. It will be added later.

5. WIP. It's simply buggy atm.

6. What happened to 6? (or acctually point number 2 in the other thread)

7. WIP. All AI in the game is currently placeholder AI. It's a very basic form of AI so we are able to play the game at all.

Yeah, what was said in this thread and in the other thread is true. Kimberly is right about the corpses, and the same logic follows for stunned aliens - they are executed when there's no associated research project available. As I've not put the interrogations in the game yet, any stunned alien is immediately executed whenever captured at present. But they won't be in the final game unless the associated research projects are already finished.