[V5.1 - General] Memory Leak on Loading Save

To reproduce load a save and memory usage will increase by 400Mb to 800Mb each time a save is loaded. It can be the same save and does not matter if the save is ground combat or strategy.

Edit: The decrease in memory usage graph is due to me closing my browser to stop me from hitting the page file.

Ram: 12GB DDR3

Processor: i7-920

Video Card: GTX770

output.log

Mem_Leak.JPG

Mem_Leak2.JPG

Edited by ih8nixon

Decided to mess with the bug some more. I was wrong about the minimum memory increase.

1. Rebooted my computer

2. Started new game, placed base, and saved file

3. Repeatedly loaded the new save I had just created the memory footprint of Xenonauts would increase by about 120MB each time. Did this until I had Xenonauts2.exe holding 6GB.

To get large increases in the memory foot print it seems like going from a strategy save to a ground combat save or vice versa will cause a larger amount of memory to be grabbed with a maximum nearing 1 GB.

Hmmm, that's interesting - I can reproduce this at my end. Just starting a new game, placing a base and saving the game and then repeatedly loading that save does indeed generate about 150mb extra memory usage each time. Thanks for reporting this.

I'll ask the coders to have a look at this and see if they can figure out what might be happening.