[V5.1 - Ground Combat] terror mission - loading stuck at 99%

It might be the same as linked thread, but I am not entirely sure because it is the terror mission this time.

Simply load the save game: Quicksave.json and try starting the terror mission.

I am not entirely sure but I think it is somehow related to the way I interacted with the mission icon. It first popped up, then I looked at engineering tab to find out that I still can wait for the next piece of composite armor to finish production before attempting the mission. The quicksave was made right after the finish of the production.

Will try to figure out how this happens exactly.

EDIT: Actually my first thought does not seem to be the case. I made this savefile before the terror mission icon spawns: terror_test.json

There now seems to be absolutely no way to get the terror mission to start, no matter what I do. Seems that one thing that was fixed with the terror mission accidently broke something else.

Edited by wulf 21

Hmm, this is strange. I now played the raid mission that spawns around the same time as the terror mission - and now it loads properly.

Savefile from which terror mission works:

raid_done.json

I also noted that this time the terror mission is again in europe, same as in the V5 playing before.

So either the terror mission only works after having completed at least one raid - or it only works if it is in Europe region on Geoscape. Either way, you now have saves where it is working or not, so it should be possible to find out what's the difference :).

Edit: Now this is weird, I have gone back to the savegame I told was working, and then it was not working yet again. I really can't tell what the difference is (maybe there even is none and it is totally random) but the terror mission will most of the time fail to load, but sometimes it will load properly...

Edited by wulf 21

Thanks. Yeah, looks like there's a broken or missing map in the game's asset bundles - so it'll be purely random whether you get the broken map or not.

I can't reproduce this in the editor version of the game, just the build. We'll look into why this is happening.

Same problem, the log file shows an error.

Relevant line and Log file attached as well just in case it's more than one map asset causing the problem.

2019-05-29 21:38:53,267 [ERROR] (D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-0.45.1\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\Assets\ContentManager\Managers\ContentManager.cs:458)
LOAD(ASYNC) FAIL: The asset doesn't exist or could not be resolved: FileSystem::assets/assets/xenonauts/assetbundle/windows/generated_map_groundcombatterror_medium_townamerican7_authored_scenes

output.log

My latest log show this asset missing:

2019-05-29 21:18:31,633 [ERROR] (D:\Jenkins\workspace\X2 (Build)\hotfix-0.45.1\Assets\Code\Libraries\Common\Code\Assets\ContentManager\Managers\ContentManager.cs:458) 
LOAD(ASYNC) FAIL: The asset doesn't exist or could not be resolved: FileSystem::assets/assets/xenonauts/assetbundle/windows/generated_map_groundcombatufo_large_boreal_wilderness2_destroyer_advanced_authored_scenes 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Description: When I launch on a terror site mission it sticks at 99% for upwards of 5-10 minutes. I have replicated it twice now after I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to pull up the task manager and stop the game and then restart from the beginning menu. I have not tried to skip a terror site mission yet. This is happening within the first 2 months of in game time.

What Happened: I clicked on the terror site mission and assigned my troops and launched on the mission and the game hung up for anywhere from 5-10 minutes.

Further information: Using the autosave I loaded the last save and then proceeded to send small teams on mini-missions as I call them to gain money or scientists and engineers. When they return there is a terror site mission that will pop up and I click on it and it hangs up the game. 

Save files located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/81kk4rry27mlr8e/Autosave03.json?dl=0

Playing in Windowed mode at 1920x1280 on an i7-8700k with 32GB of RAM and a GTX1070 video card using Windows 10 64bit OS.