[V5 - Ground Combat] C4 explosion crash

The game just crashed on C4 explosion. I checked the logs that it is not the same crash when blowing up a gun drone - additionally both gun drones were already killed outside the UFO.

It is weird, because I did not count how many UFOs I've already blown open and it never happened before.

However I found that it is reproducable with the Quicksave I made before detonating the charge: Quicksave.zip (just load it, find the soldier with the remote detonator and blow the UFO open)

So there must be something special in that savefile - maybe it is the placement of the wraiths behind the wall etc.

Attached: output.zip

Thanks. Yeah, I can reproduce this one. It does seem likely that it's linked to the fact there's a Wraith standing behind the wall, but I'll ask the coders to check out what's going on and fix it up. The save game makes that nice and easy.

22 hours ago, wulf 21 said:

The game just crashed on C4 explosion. I checked the logs that it is not the same crash when blowing up a gun drone - additionally both gun drones were already killed outside the UFO.

It is weird, because I did not count how many UFOs I've already blown open and it never happened before.

However I found that it is reproducable with the Quicksave I made before detonating the charge: Quicksave.zip (just load it, find the soldier with the remote detonator and blow the UFO open)

So there must be something special in that savefile - maybe it is the placement of the wraiths behind the wall etc.

Attached: output.zip

So we tried to fix this earlier today and we could reproduce it from that crash you provided, but it doesn't seem to happen if we try to engineer the situation ourselves in a new game. Either the root cause of the issue has already been fixed by some of our other changes (and the crash is just baked into your save game because it's from an older version), or we're going to need more information on this problem.

Please keep an eye out for this crash and if you see it happen in V5.1 or anything afterwards please let us know. In the meantime we're going to assume it's been fixed!