[V5 - Ground Combat] Crash while aiming across (out of) map

So, I am not entirely sure if this crash is due to an error in the map or something I have done.

What I did was

• on small farm map (probe UFO), put a sniper next to the window in the barn in the corner
  • try diagonally aiming nearly across whole map with Ctrl-key to see what I could theoretically hit (how far behind hedges/low buildings I would need to aim to shoot behind them) this involved several time scrolling and pressing/releasing Ctrl key
  • crash happened (I think) right after releasing Ctrl key. Maybe I also moved the mouse while doing so.

Logfile seems to indicate that the collision check algorithm tries to check a tile that does not exist: output.zip

Edit:

Actually managed to reroduce the crash a few times now. I now think that it happens when I get the game somehow to calculate a trajectory to the outside of the map. The fact that this is even possible, might be related to the broken shot preview.

What I did to reproduce:

• load the Quicksave.zip - it is from near the beginning of the mission before reaching the barn
  • with the selected soldier (seems not to matter who), aim upwards (relative to the camera-perspective in the savefile) in the darkness by holding the Ctrl key, like seen in screenshot
  • at some point, there will be the edge of the map in the north (noticable by crosshair disappearing)
  • now try to get close to the edge (might involve some releasing and pressing to Ctrl key)
  • at some spot (difficult to tell exactly), if there is pressed and held Ctrl while pointing still inside the map and then the cursor moved upwards outside of the map, the game will crash

2019-05-19_0920_2.thumb.png.4c49818d4b000f566437ac6b9638573e.png

Edited by wulf 21