Xsolla Downloader not detecting version 5

I replied to your question here. The issue will be fixed when the Xsolla technical team figure out why their servers aren't picking up the changes correctly; hopefully early next week but unfortunately it's not something we have any control over.

Thank you Chris. In another post it was said that 'Closed Beta Build V5 has now been released on Steam..." I have gone into my Steam account and I cannot figure out how to enable access to this via Steam instead of Xsolla. No doubt this has been commented upon in another post somewhere but I am having trouble finding information on this. Would you please point to me to the necessary information I need?

Untitled.bmp

Edited by Keflin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keflin said:

Thank you Chris. In another post it was said that 'Closed Beta Build V5 has now been released on Steam..." I have gone into my Steam account and I cannot figure out how to enable access to this via Steam instead of Xsolla. No doubt this has been commented upon in another post somewhere but I am having trouble finding information on this. Would you please point to me to the necessary information I need?

Untitled.bmp

This was indeed answered in same thread Chris linked already. (question asked by Bobit).

Maybe they have to rephrase the introduction sentence in release announcement in a way that everyone knows how it is meant without telling the whole game release story again. But to recap:

• first only kick starter backers who were eligible for closed beta got a Steam/GOG key (depending on preference)
  • then when the announced early access date could not be met, the other kickstarter backers who were promised it got their Steam/GOG key
  • Xsolla deal was intoduced to allow interested people play the closed beta before early access release on Steam/GOG. The deal is you can play closed beta via Xsolla and get a Steam/GOG key as soon as the game is released to early access (and I believe this was made clear before buying hopefully).

So you see, the sentence that "closed beta Version X was released on Steam GOG and Xsolla" is there because some people already have their Steam/GOG keys, but it does NOT mean that everyone who bought the game can play it on Steam right now.

How long has version 5 been our now? This does not bode well from a project management point of view. I have worked at Hewlett Packard for over a decade and my application portfolio is dependent on several upstream sources as well, but I would never tolerate allowing a deliverable be delayed this long by a dependent application, I would have senior management on the phone by now.

Worst case, write Xsolla off as a mistake and request your users use a reliable vehicle to gain access instead.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 5:19 AM, Chris said:

We pushed out the update on Xsolla yesterday so it should all be working fine now.

Confirmed, the Xsolla downloader appears to have detected the change and is in the process of downloading. Also confirmed V5.1 came up after launch. X1 X-Division has done nothing but kick my butt (got wiped many times), looking forward to making some progress even if just beta testing and unfinished game.

Thank you Chris!

• Like 1