Relative weapon damage points

Are the magnetic weapons supposed be do less damage than the laser ones?  Only in V4.2, they do about as much damage as the ballistic weapons.  Also, the LMG is pretty useless as the aliens almost never get suppressed with incoming fire and it has terrible accuracy, so there is no point in using them.

Have not tried them myself, yet, but according to the research text, they are supposed to do just 20% more damage than ballistic ones.

I think, this should later be balanced by different aliens having different resistance values to damage types. The research text for psyon autopsy says, they have a suit protecting them from ballistic impact, so it would appear quite natural for me if lasers do more damage against them. Not sure if there is currently any alien in game that has increased resistance against laser, though. Maybe sebillians have a natural heat resistance if they originate from a hot planet? Or maybe drones with a shiney metallic surface should just reflect part of the laser? Don't know because the research text for sebillian autopsy is still a copy+paste from X1 and there is no gun drone disassembly research, yet.

• Thanks 1

i'd like to see species-specific melee weapons.

the thing would still be usable against any enemy, but is specifically designed to be used against a certain enemy type so it gives a % bonus to attacking & dodging against that particular enemy kinda thing...

..then I could make my Xeno-Hunter guy, and stuff his backpack full of these species specific melee weapons >:)