[V4.2 - Air Combat] - Fighter unresponsive to any input

Description: When I try taking a UFO on via the mini-game (rather than auto-resolve) nothing I do makes my fighter(s) do anything.  They just sit there taking hits from the UFO until they crash. Incidentally, my fighters seem invincible (not getting so much of a scratch), even if I send the most basic fighter on its own up against a mid-sized UFO.

What Happened: Nothing.  Nothing I did made anything happen. I couldn't even try to exit.

Further information:

So, there happens nothing, when you click on a fighter? There should appear transparent fighter sillouettes that indicate where you can move it + buttons to fire the guns. Exiting the minigame before winning or loosing (or UFO escape, but the way it's balanced that never happened to me) is only possible by moving the fighters out of range (to the bottom).

Maybe it is one of these UI issues that appear only on certain screen resulutions, so the information which resolution you run the game might help.

I did not bother with this aspect of the game, as you have said it made no difference to the outcome of the air battle, and as it is still in development, I thought the area of the experimental build was the tech tree and ground combat. If the air combat does become more interesting in the future, with more development, it could be something I might look forward too!!