If you reload a start-of-mission autosave, randomize it

Usually in Xenonauts 1 when the game glitches up (or I get a VERY unfair death) I reload the start-of-mission autosave. But sometimes, especially after reloading multiple times, I don't want to play exactly the same mission, so I reload the autosave from a day before so that when I land on the same ufo it will be a different mission. The problem is then I have to take some 2-10 mins doing the same things I did that day. So I propose that when reloading the start-of-mission autosave, it instead loads a new mission based on the same landing conditions as the first one.

Edited by Bobit

I'm not sure when the game locks in the specific mission map in X2 (so this may not work), but I suspect the solution seems to be autosaving once when the dropship reaches the combat site and a second time at the start of the GC mission. Then you have the choice between playing a new mission map or the exact one you just played.

• Like 1

@Chris I like that solution, but I see two downsides.

1. Save file bloat
  2. You have to load twice when loading the geoscape save and then landing. Takes a few more seconds.

Also, I would like to say that X2 lags for me while X1 does not at all except for fire. I'm not sure whether that's expected at this stage in development.

Edited by Bobit