underwater missions

From my point of view, the really unique mysterious missions of Terror from the deep were those underwater missions.

I quess many players across the world were fascinated by them - mainly because the underwater world of earth isn't fully discovered yet and there are many strange creatures living down there.

Also there are artifacts of ancient cities, ship wreackages of the dark ages and maybe entries of secret alien bases.

Underwater missions would also allow to introduce new aliens and could enable players to lift and recover ufo wreckages at a certain game progress that were previously unreachable.

None of the XCOM successors so far allowed underwater missions to this would make Xenonauts much more unique. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

sounds good to me.

I never bothered with tftd because all those crab guys would run and hide in a ship & annoying stuff like that, but it never dampened (heh) my enthusiasm for the allure of the unknown (as you've mentioned above)

..I suppose there's a bit of coding required there? different physics under the water & restricted weapon use there & possibly other required gear (diving gear, etc) 

i'd also like to genetically engineer some of my crew to withstand the pressure there & probably even give 'em gills somehow (no longer requiring the scuba gear etc?)

[maybe they'd then be restricted to staying in an underwater base or something like that?] 

I start thinking, "but why stop there..."

..and envisioning something like a stargate teleporting system, where my agents could travel to lots of varied other environments [possibly randomly generated?] & have them start messing things up in their own homeworlds….

it's ok to dream, I suppose... :rolleyes:

thanks for posting,

cheers from down under

48 minutes ago, unit said:

..and envisioning something like a stargate teleporting system, where my agents could travel to lots of varied other environments [possibly randomly generated?] & have them start messing things up in their own homeworlds….

Isn't that the endgame of Apocalypse? I found it to be an interesting concept but ended up dragging on too long.

yeah I remember that, but seem to recall only going there once to mess up the alien's base?

I was thinking something along the lines of old D&D spelljamming, where there's lots of diverse & obscure places to have fun [and die] in.

might even be able to pick up rare drops & stuff there, that kinda thing..