Androids, Mechs and cybernetic implants

I've been playing a lot of XCOM like games (and I read a lot about Xenonauts 1.x) in the past since I had those countless thrilling nights of UFO Defense and Terror from the deep back in the 90s.

Aside from hundreds of missions with scary Snakemen and the dark and spooky underwater sets with Triscens, Lobster Men and Tentaculats,

one thing fascinated me more than anything in XCOM successors: The integration of cybernetics implants, mechs and android units (such as Firaxis Spark's).

Do you also plan to add such tech apart from the planned MARS weapon platform?

Cybernetic implants could fit perfectly to locational injuries,

android units could be a bullet and heat resistent alternative to human soldiers and they should occupy less space than vehicles.

They can wear special weapons that human soldiers cannot carry, they can be used to hack enemy units, they can be hacked, they can walk longer (TU), jump higher etc.

As a special gadget I would also suggest a support drone for soldiers that can be brought to battlefield in the backpacks.

Cyborgization is totally unnecessary and a waste of fund. Everything a cyborg could do wan be done with cheaper equipment that ISN'T premanently glued to a person (and would thus always be with him, which is problematic).

When your soldiers goes home on leave or to drink in a pub, he leaves his exoskeleton and guns at the base armory. Your drunken cyborg would have it on his person all the time. BAD IDEA.

Drones are useful, but the problem comes from jamming/hacking.

The only way around that is to have AI (actually an Expert System, there is no true AI) so the drone/android accepts no commands from outside until the mission is complete.

This comes with it's own problems, as now you have a drone/android that even you cannot stop until specific condition is achieved. The best condition should simply be time (no commands accepted for however long a mission would take). Also, the AI will be limited and unflexible.

So yeah, they are already used, so why not.

The question is in what roles would you use them. Personally, scouting/recon sounds the best. Even drone fighters for long-range combat (missile lobbing, not dogfighting)

something like that MELD system from that Xcom game, where you could dump it into implants or mechs for the agents..

idk what the problem is with cybernetically-outfitted peeps & substance abuse?? -it turned out great in Robocop 2 ;)

..haven't really seen or read much on features for xenonauts 2 aside from the blurb at the website, are they going to include anything like that? (meld) or skills & abilities for agents?

i'd like to see tonnes of them, and even obscure ones such as an agent whose skill might be knitting- and he knits socks inbetween missions and sells them for extra cash (none of that actually happens tho', the skill would just add something like +500 cash every now and then) 

..now then, would anyone like a novelty xenonauts coffee mug? guaranteed to be at least 3% tentaculat DNA in every 3rd mug that ships!

disclaimer: management does not take responsibility fo anyr pets, children, visitors et al that may be assimilated. product will cause cance & birth defects. limit 1 per enclave.