Request: Stance should influence accuracy

Hey everyone,

I'm kinda late to the beta, but enjoyed Xeno 1 a great deal.

What seems a carry over from Xeno 1 (until now at least), is that the crouched stance seems to have very little observable use.

Soldiers get murdered just as easily, and I can't observe any effect on the soldiers accuracy.

However, timing moves to have those APs for a crouch stance at the end of a turn was always integral to my planning.

I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement a modifier for accuracy, but that would be definitely on the top of my wishlist.

Thank you Team Goldhawk for all your work and passion.

Hmm, Such Modifier was in X1, not sure what the idea was behind it, but if you read the "changes since X1" ingame help, it tells that it was removed on purpose.

But according to this help it actually reduces the hit chance of aliens by 25%. So there is an objective use of the crouch, but it is difficult to see in game, because the game doesn't tell you "alien missed because soldier was crouched", it just tells you "missed". And a 25% chance is not that large to definitely observe the effect. (ie. feel nearly save from hits). But I always try to use it at end of turn when TUs allow it and use cover, because I am sure that my soldiers will take less total hits in the long term than if I would not do it.

21 hours ago, wulf 21 said:

Hmm, Such Modifier was in X1, not sure what the idea was behind it, but if you read the "changes since X1" ingame help, it tells that it was removed on purpose.

But according to this help it actually reduces the hit chance of aliens by 25%. So there is an objective use of the crouch, but it is difficult to see in game, because the game doesn't tell you "alien missed because soldier was crouched", it just tells you "missed". And a 25% chance is not that large to definitely observe the effect. (ie. feel nearly save from hits). But I always try to use it at end of turn when TUs allow it and use cover, because I am sure that my soldiers will take less total hits in the long term than if I would not do it.

Low cover is a 40% reduction in hit chance, so it's better to be standing with low cover than crouched in the open. Crouching behind low cover is 55% reduction in hits ( 1-((1-.4)*(1-.25))=.55 )

55% reduction in number of hits taken is not nearly enough to feel safe, or to be safe, but it is enough to change your long-term K/D ratio.

• Like 1