Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V4.2 Hotfix Released!

Today we're releasing a second hotfix for Beta Build V4 from last week - there were quite a few crashes left in the game so we've taken a bit of time out to fix the worst offenders. Hopefully this will be a much more stable experience for everyone to enjoy.

Changelog:

• Fixed a crash that would occur at the end of the first turn of any combat mission that contained an alien with a shield, as the AI previously wasn't set up to handle it.
  • Fixed a crash that occurs at the end of a ground combat mission (this was related to the soldier fatigue system we'll be introducing soon).
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if you took a Laser Rifle or Laser Shotgun into battle (turns out I'd accidentally set these to regenerate HP rather than ammo).
  • Fixed an issue where the soldier assignment list for Strategic Operations would not display correctly on non-16:9 screen resolutions.
  • Fixed an issue where aliens would sometimes go into a T-pose for a few seconds when crouching or uncrouching.
  • If a soldier is killed in battle, their slot now remembers their equipment so you can easily replace them with someone new.
  • Personnel screen should now show the correct TU values for soldiers, rather than the values they had at the end of the last turn on their previous mission.
  • Added a missing move path preview tile for a soldier making a diagonal move onto the bottom of a ladder.

I think those three crashes accounted for most of the crashes people were experiencing in the game, but please let us know if you experience more crashes. I'd rather not spend any more time on hotfixes unless there's more big crashes we don't know about... but we'll see what bug reports come in and make a judgement on that.

Incidentally, the bug reports over the past week or so have been really helpful - we added a lot of content in this build and it wasn't practical for me to test it all, so it's been great having you guys keeping us informed on what doesn't work properly :)

• Thanks 3