[vers 4.1, Ground Combat, downed spaceship, Sebillians. Crash to Desktop & corrupt Continue save file.

OldGator6

My team got into it's first fight with the Sebillians in this play through. The game had progressed to early February (game time). Game crashed out to desktop. Not sure what of this counts as useful. Not sure right now if I had killed all the Sebillians. I think it's possible, but can't go back and check. Game is gone.

When I tried to restart in the same game, (I used the Continue button on the start screen), it loaded to 74% and froze. I assume the save file is corrupted and I'm not sure if this is connected to the game crashing. It may be a completely separate issue or not. I might be able to find and save the corrupted save file, if that is of use to you. Let me know. Just finding the file will be hard.

Was this the first turn crash when you fight the Sebillians, on the Raid missions (the shield crash)? Or was it one that happened several turns into the mission?

Not really sure why the save game would get corrupted; that sounds like a seperate issue to be honest but unfortunately it's also not really something we can reverse-engineer from the broken save. Generally we just collect information on this sort of thing until we have enough data points to take a guess about what might be causing the save game corruption.

I have had a couple of crashes. I hate fighting the Sebillians after I shoot them down. The last crash was right at the end of the mission. Not sure about the others, since I also have problems with the game logic getting stuck and not continuing to play with me. In those cases the game doesn't crash but it just sits there playing or more not playing. I did go and find and save the log and save game files. I don't know if you people want the corrupted save. Not sure exactly which file it is, but I moved a  bunch to a 'safer' place so they would not get over written.