[V4, V4.2 Ground Combat] Missing textures (bright purple placeholder)

wulf 21

There was some time ago mentioned somewhere that we should report bright purple textures as they are a "missing texture" replacement. Well I've found 2:

(note: It actually was V4 but didn't get around to report it. I assume hotfix changed nothing about that).

The movement path texture for "turn 45 degree left and start climb" seems to be missing:

2019-04-17_2202_1.thumb.png.331b2850929a659430b310c0ea29edff.png

Some ground texture in the corner of the same jungle map:

2019-04-17_2204_1.thumb.png.f2451cb8aa279865ead271938e80195b.png

Edited by wulf 21

Thanks. First bug is a known one we've not got around to fixing yet, but the second one is a bit more concerning - we've got a known problem where items lose their place and spawn at that corner of the map (0,0 on the grid). I'm guessing the ground tile itself is fine, but there's a second tile on top with a missing texture.

If you see it again, try and grab the logs as it'll likely list the map that was loaded for that mission, and once I know that I can hopefully check what's going on in the dev editor.

Found another movement path texture that is missing. It is for after jump over obstacle turn 90 degree and jump over next obstacle.

On the same map I found in a corner a bright purple texture later. Because both issues happened the same map again, I don't think this is a conincidence. The error texture in the corner was not there at the beginning of the map - it appeared some time during the round. Of course I cannot know what action exactly caused it to spawn, but I am sure I saw the movement path error texture first, and the corner texture later.

Furthermore I noticed this time a red error text popping up shortly when I it started to display the movement path (after preparing the movement command) and popping up again when stopping to display it (when ESCing out of the movement or executing it). Maybe something got logged. So it might be that the error texture from the movement path somehow does not get deleted correctly (like if there is no error texture) and instead just gets moved to 0,0.

Logs (added last 2, I think it should contain the start of ground combat to the end): output.log.zip

Screenshots:

2019-04-26_2022_1.thumb.png.4c25a34b91eba062174b48cc09f5a171.png

2019-04-26_2039_1.thumb.png.2d5117295fb244e9f93dccc60e66de64.png

I have 2 more things. First, the game randomly loaded the map from the original post, and the fix of the movement texture seems to have fixed the corner texture, too.

Even one more special situation with missiong texture. It is on ladders that where to path to and from the ladder allows 135 degree turns. Purple texture in corner again appeared after seeing the one on movement path. Im not quite sure, but it could be that the corner texture only will appear if ESC is pressed after preparing the movement (not on clicking some other path). I noticed the short appearance of red text does not heppen, if ESC button is used, so maybe it will not delete the texture then and move it to 0,0. But either way, I've got the impression that the corner texture issue will just disappear if all the missing movement path textures are added.

2019-04-28_0105_1.thumb.png.e1558ce34b3f3b4386add90af3fcedcc.png

2019-04-28_0105_2.thumb.png.aa25750c679cb8f1cc39e802476b9a63.png

2019-04-28_0104_1.thumb.png.487fac62338127cd6ba66006f1208cee.png

Thanks, it's very interesting to hear that the purple tile doesn't start the map in the corner. In that case I suspect you're right and we should just fix up the missing movement path tiles and see if the problem goes away.

Those screenshots are helpful, and I'm sure the first missing move path will be easy enough to fix up. It looks like there might be some invalid moves allowed with regards to that ladder though so I'll dig into that one a bit more, I think.

Thanks. Keep posting these up as you find them. We've fixed two of the four you've found so far, but the ladder one and the most recent one you found I think may require some code work rather than just adding missing assets so it might take a bit longer to fix up.