[V4 - Ground Combat] crash with red numbers in left bottom after mission debriefing screen

Hi there,

I have been playing many UFO Defense games, came across yours and I love it - it is still in beta but already so amazing.

But after finishing first ground combat, the mission debriefing screen is displayed.

If I close it, red numbers appear in the bottom left corner and then the game exits.

Here is my save game:

What I like better in X-Force: Aircraft has slots for upgrades (Shields, Distortion Fields that reduce UFO hit chances etc)

What I like better in UFO Extraterrestrials: Under some rare circumstances one could get alien artifacts such as alien item that heals the wearer a bit each turn

What I like better in Firaxis XCOM: Genetic Augmentations such as skin that makes invisible; Mechs, Drones, weather conditions, moving trees, grass..

What I like better in Terror from the deep: Underwater missions

Beta 4 Try 1 crashsite 01.json

• Like 1

14 hours ago, squeezechart said:

Hi there,

I have been playing many UFO Defense games, came across yours and I love it - it is still in beta but already so amazing.

But after finishing first ground combat, the mission debriefing screen is displayed.

If I close it, red numbers appear in the bottom left corner and then the game exits.

Here is my save game:

What I like better in X-Force: Aircraft has slots for upgrades (Shields, Distortion Fields that reduce UFO hit chances etc)

What I like better in UFO Extraterrestrials: Under some rare circumstances one could get alien artifacts such as alien item that heals the wearer a bit each turn

What I like better in Firaxis XCOM: Genetic Augmentations such as skin that makes invisible; Mechs, Drones, weather conditions, moving trees, grass..

What I like better in Terror from the deep: Underwater missions

Beta 4 Try 1 crashsite 01.json

Thanks for the information and the save game, and I'm glad you're enjoying Xenonauts 2 so much :)

I've checked the save game and the problem isn't actually the mission you are going on, the problem is that all your soldiers somehow have over 100 in all of their stats and the game can't handle that (you can just load up the save game and check the Armory).

Any idea how that might have happened? What had happened on the strategy layer before this point - do you remember how many missions you've done with those soldiers? Did you save over the same game repeatedly, as that might have caused data corruption?

Ruggerman, please can you make your own bug reports as your issues are different to squeezechart, following the correct bug report format.

EDIT: I notice that you've already been told to do this by Chris in another bug report thread. Please create your own thread, as bugs may appear to be similar, but may have very different underlying reasons. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, squeezechart said:

ah, I see..

I edited the soldier.json to get better soldier stats so that's not your fault.

Actually, this was the first UFO mission. I managed to play two alien raid missions before without a problem..

Haha, fair enough. Then I'll consider this bug closed unless it starts affecting the vanilla game files :)

• Haha 1