Weapon Swap Question

Been playing the current version (V3) and I've been wondering if we'll be able to swap weapons (when avaliable) for soldiers for better overwatch purposes.

I think I remember playing that during when the game was demoed on GOG.com and kinda missed that.

Not sure if I understand this correctly. You can switch between primary and secondary weapon without TU cost at the end of turn and whatever weapon was selected will be used for overwatch (if enough TU left to shoot). Granted it is a little awkward to use as clicking secondary weapon will automatically put you in force fire mode where you need to ESC out from if you just wanted to select it for overwatch.

Or do you actually mean that the soldier should do this automatically? For example sniper that has not enough TU for sniper shot but enough for SMG snapshot should automatically switch to the SMG and shoot that if an alien appears, or maybe some soldier being left with medpack selected at end of round automatically pulling out primary gun if needed. Not sure if I'd like such feature - it kind removes the task to think about what could happen on alien turn and plan ahead accordingly from the player, if the soldier just auto-decides the best action in overwatch.

Edited by wulf 21

3 hours ago, warmarine said:

Been playing the current version (V3) and I've been wondering if we'll be able to swap weapons (when avaliable) for soldiers for better overwatch purposes.

I think I remember playing that during when the game was demoed on GOG.com and kinda missed that.

Yup, in the new UI we're currently implementing you'll have independent "overwatch enabled" toggles for the Primary / Secondary weapon, so you can disable the Primary if you want to reaction fire with the secondary instead etc.