Closed Beta V3.2 Hot Fix Save problem?

OldGator6

I returned to the game I was playing... not sure if I was playing V3.2 Hot Fix or not.... Some stuff seemed to have been rolled back. I had received funding and built a second base. That was gone.

I had received a second round of recruits. They must be at the base which I don't have since they are gone as well.

I don't know if they game locked up and I booted myself out at the end of my last day, but I had to do that today. Since I didn't get any more people to recruit I was down to seven soldiers (all women for some reason). I had one soldier wounded and was trying to kill the attacker. Shooting him didn't work, so I tried 2 grenades and a stun grenade. All three worked, but the grenade were not that close. The gas cloud from the stun grenade made seeing if the alien went down hard. It looked like he moved towards my wounded soldier and then fell down, but the alien's turn locked up at that point, and didn't end. I had to abandon the game.

Hmm, what did you do when you ended the game you wanted to return to?

Just to make sure you know how the save system works: The continue button will always load the latest savefile. But the quit to main menu or quit to desktop will NOT automatically save the game state to continue. You always need to save manually (either through save menu or through F5-Button) before quitting the game or progress since last save will be lost.

There are some points when the game will indeed create an Autosave (like after receiving funding you mentioned), but again, using the quit function does not autosave.

Regarding the lockup issue. There is already this thread:

There is indeed some issue that the game can lock up during alien turn under some circumstances if an alien drops unconscious in stun gas while doing its move. (and maybe on death through reaction fire, too, but have not seen this yet)

Edited by wulf 21

On 3/31/2019 at 2:17 AM, OldGator6 said:

I returned to the game I was playing... not sure if I was playing V3.2 Hot Fix or not.... Some stuff seemed to have been rolled back. I had received funding and built a second base. That was gone.

I had received a second round of recruits. They must be at the base which I don't have since they are gone as well.

I don't know if they game locked up and I booted myself out at the end of my last day, but I had to do that today. Since I didn't get any more people to recruit I was down to seven soldiers (all women for some reason). I had one soldier wounded and was trying to kill the attacker. Shooting him didn't work, so I tried 2 grenades and a stun grenade. All three worked, but the grenade were not that close. The gas cloud from the stun grenade made seeing if the alien went down hard. It looked like he moved towards my wounded soldier and then fell down, but the alien's turn locked up at that point, and didn't end. I had to abandon the game.

Thanks for the report. Yeah, as wulf says this is a pretty serious issue if it's happening as reported, but are you sure that you saved the game on the Geoscape? There's no saving in the ground combat yet and as a result there's no autosave before or after a mission, and nor is there autosave on exiting the game. It seems more likely that you lost your progress because of the lack of autosave rather than a bug in the save system, right?

If so then hopefully either the V4 or V5 builds will fix this error, as the combat saving and autosave system as a whole is quite high on our list of priorities.