Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V3.2 Hotfix Released!

Unfortunately Hotfix V3.1 did not address all of the critical issues in the game, so we're releasing another small hotfix to improve the player experience.

Changelog:

• Fixed a second crash that would occur at the end of the first turn when you were fighting Sebillians due to some missing shield animations. We've done this by temporarily removing the shield-using Sebillians (they'll be back in V4).
  • Fixed the floors of the alien base appearing bright pink / purple due to a missing texture shader.
  • Possibly fixed the issue where some of the civilians were upside down.

Incidentally, if you see objects in the ground combat colored bright pink / purple please screenshot them and post them up on the forums - this is our error color that indicates that there is a missing texture or missing shader on that object. It's usually very simple to fix these problems if we know where they are!

This is probably going to be the last fix for the V3 builds, so now we've addressed what we think are the critical bugs we think it would be useful to start getting some feedback from you on where you think the game is and why. Please could you give the current game a rating out of 10 and a quick comment on the following areas:

• Stability - what bugs are most spoiling your enjoyment?
  • Quality - what things could we do to improve your enjoyment of the game? List up to three, but please keep this short!

For example:

• Stability: 5/10, I get a crash at least every hour on the ground combat (usually related to shooting) and I can't play the Alien Base missions because they always crash.
  • Quality: 3/10, I would like to see the research art and text included, better alien AI in the ground combat and I feel the air combat is not very interesting.
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 6:16 PM, Dr. Ethan said:

i would be able to rate if the promised keys came out ;)

@Chris Ah! There we go (sorry for being kinda annoying about it XD)! So far it looks pretty good! I definitely love the ability to freely rotate the camera from the get-go *cough xcom 1 and 2 cough* and the 3d graphics and animations are feeling pretty smooth (if a bit slow). I have come across what looks like a soft lock tho, I was just playing through the first alien ground mission and it just stayed on alien turn, hidden movement output_log.txt until i force quit the game, it wasn't frozen it just wouldn't let me do anything other than move the camera with the curser. A couple of things I would suggest would be. 1: make the movement faster but have the camera zip over to the enemy when they shoot, I was having trouble seeing who the enemy was shooting when they had surrounded me. 2: I really liked the troop carrier in the first game actually having to travel across the world, it gave it realism and made me paranoid if ever there was a fighter that appeared on my sensors. 3: It would be very nice if the roles that you assign a soldier would appear on the soldier list so that i can easily see what training i should give them (be it accuracy for the sniper or TUs for a medic).

Edited by Dr. Ethan

46 minutes ago, Dr. Ethan said:

@Chris Ah! There we go (sorry for being kinda annoying about it XD)! So far it looks pretty good! I definitely love the ability to freely rotate the camera from the get-go *cough xcom 1 and 2 cough* and the 3d graphics and animations are feeling pretty smooth (if a bit slow). I have come across what looks like a soft lock tho, I was just playing through the first alien ground mission and it just stayed on alien turn, hidden movement output_log.txt until i force quit the game, it wasn't frozen it just wouldn't let me do anything other than move the camera with the curser. A couple of things I would suggest would be. 1: make the movement faster but have the camera zip over to the enemy when they shoot, I was having trouble seeing who the enemy was shooting when they had surrounded me. 2: I really liked the troop carrier in the first game actually having to travel across the world, it gave it realism and made me paranoid if ever there was a fighter that appeared on my sensors. 3: It would be very nice if the roles that you assign a soldier would appear on the soldier list so that i can easily see what training i should give them (be it accuracy for the sniper or TUs for a medic).

There is a bug report subforum already, which makes it more easily to see what already was reported. The Lock-up-issue you mentioned is there since version 1 (but since they didn't find the reason and fix it, yet, I guess the more info the better. It just makes it easier to find if all the info regarding a specific bug is in one thread.)

Regarding the suggestions

1: Yes, Id definitely like more camera angles, too during the action, too.

2: Was like that in first closed beta builds, but the devs are still playing around with game mechanics a bit. They removed the main base location from the geoscape in V3.0, so now the location stays hidden and the skyranger can just teleport to the mission location. Maybe they'll put it back in if people like it more. I personally had this paranoid feeling about troop transports only very shortly in X1, until I found out that UFOs spawn in waves and fighters would always actively move in to attack my aircraft. So I just launched my fighters first and if during a day of air combat no alien fighters appeared anymore, I could be 99% sure nothing would attempt to shoot down the troop transports, problem solved...

3: Sounds good.

Edited by wulf 21

So, after having played through whole 30 day period in closed beta V3.2 again, I give my current rating:

• Stability 8/10: There might still be some unknown crashes in the game, but I did not encounter one. Since I know how to avoid the existing crash on firing, I played for hours without the game crashing.
  • Quality 3/10: The content already in game looks good and is fun to play, but there is obviously still missing a lot (like some researches do nothing, some items (cannons) can be produced but not used) Additionally, some things need optimization (especially short lags on loading some sounds before playing them or models that were not in view + "bounciness" of aircraft on Geoscape)
Edited by wulf 21

19 hours ago, Sahok1 said:

I am so sorry, but.. When we can see exact release date or steem early access? Just march is already over...:(

We're just in the process of ironing out the final issues with our Xsolla pre-order system; we're pretty close to being able to allow people to pre-order the game. Might even happen tomorrow if our support rep is able to solve the problem he's currently working on quickly!

On 4/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, wulf 21 said:

1: Yes, Id definitely like more camera angles, too during the action, too.

Incidentally there's an option in the settings where you can change the camera rotation increment; the default is 90 but you can use 45 or free rotate if you'd prefer.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Incidentally there's an option in the settings where you can change the camera rotation increment; the default is 90 but you can use 45 or free rotate if you'd prefer.

Yes, I know this option. I rather had something in mind which I saw in an XCOM 2 video where the camera would do a close-up in the face or over shoulder while firing or being hit/death. The limiting the view to 45 degree down + free horizontal rotation certainly makes sense while issuing orders but there is no good reason to have this limit of perpective while player has no control. However, this is just some "would-be-cool" thought that came to my head after reading the post I answered to - it's nothing that the game really needs.