New Damage Type

I just had an idea and nowhere to put it.

When going over the notes of X1 i realised that in the face of armour degradation mitigation is mostly a gimmick, nice when you have it, but higher damage is usually preferable. So i propose a different damage type, pure damage. Each bullet would deal X additional damage which ignores armour, and doesnt get % rolled. Especially high rate of fire weapons could become really fun to play with and could balance out low damage, high rate of fire weapons usability overall. This could lead to nice combinations between damage, mitigation and pure damage, and could lead to some really nice calculations on what weapon to use.

Hmm, so how we use armour degradation and penetration hasn't been completely nailed down yet, although both are fully functional systems. Armour penetration works how you describe already - a % of the damage dealt ignores any armour. As to how the damage randomisation will work in the future I don't know yet; there's a good chance it'll be superseded by the locational damage system as development continues.