[V 3.0 Alien base crash]

Fnoord

9 hours ago, Chris said:

This is a bug with the Sebillian shields and we'll be fixing it in the hotfix that will be arriving soon. Thanks for the notification!

Oh, good, it is happening to me as well, and I just started playing the EA again after months fartin' around doing other stuff, lol ...

Don't know where else to put it - seems not worth opening an own thread now. One of the things I was able to try out before the inevitable crash was all the doors next to the xenonauts and it appears that at one place there were accidently placed 2 doors at the same map positon (the one at the top in the screenshots). It is possible to open one of the doors but not the other. (notice slight graphical differece between screenshots where some elements of one of the doors clip out of the other when its closed).

One of the doors open:

2019-03-18_2130_1.thumb.png.5e7988711e56fb8b0f29f0b15021a85f.png

Both closed:

2019-03-18_2130_4.thumb.png.552024cbf93f306cabe59ae1a039816c.png

4 hours ago, Wyldefyre_CP said:

Sorry to say, but the crash on turn 1 of Alien Base Mission is still happening to me after the new update.

Bleh, I'll check that out tomorrow then and see if I can reproduce it. If anyone else experiences it then please post up here too.

Plus one to Alien base crash. some time in the alien hidden movement it fails. I had tossed a couple of grenades at two desperate aliens - was able to open all the doors this time. I am getting dense I couldn't find log file or saved game file from right before the bas mission What directory do they default to? (I haven't changed the default settings)

5 hours ago, Dren608 said:

Plus one to Alien base crash. some time in the alien hidden movement it fails. I had tossed a couple of grenades at two desperate aliens - was able to open all the doors this time. I am getting dense I couldn't find log file or saved game file from right before the bas mission What directory do they default to? (I haven't changed the default settings)

It is in Documents\My Games\Xenonauts 2. The real path to documents depends on the operating system (its C:\Users\<your windows user>\Documents in windows 10), but there should be a shortcut in start menu or desktop. There you find your savefiles and logs. And yes, the part with the not opening door was fixed. The crash appearantly not - or it is an entirely different crash that only had the chance to appear after the devs fixed the first one...

Edited by wulf 21