Severs

Would you buy an expensive computer desk or decide on a more modest purchase?

What would be the determining factor in your purchase? How much does the price of a product indicate its quality or can inexpensive furniture from the same IKEA be the equivalent of a more expensive one?

I currently own a full Obutto R3volution setup and to be fair it is great, I used to have a custom built Desk that I made myself before this with the PC built into it, Lian Li do some great new desks that you build into but they are even more insanely priced, id not be willing to go that high, think the R3vo cost more than enough.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fully agree with the previous opinion. Often a model in which the minimum required functionality is sufficient. But there is a question of a different nature. What should be considered functionality in this type of furniture and what aspects to pay attention to. [SENTENCE DELETED BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR FIRST POST AND YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING - Mod.] . And after that, draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Max_Caine
Sentence deleted because you look like you are spamming an ad.

Figure out how much time you'll be sitting in it. A mattress is worth splurging on because you spend one-third of your time on it (some of us even more). As for quality - I like heavy, sturdy furniture. Something that you will curse and scream at getting up the stairs, but will happily sit in its place for 20 years before you hand it on to someone else. IKEA furniture can be neat, but it often doesn't last.

The desk I use came off some government auction ... I think my Dad might have paid $20 or $30 for it several decades ago ... it's huge, heavy as hell, and I'd swear it's probably made out of steel from an old Buick or two.  This thing will still probably be finding use after I'm pushing up daisies somewhere.  I can't complain, it gets the job done.  And if I pound my fist on it in anger at something in a game, it's my fist that ends up wondering why I did that ...   

• Haha 1