Today is March 14th, 2019...where is Xenonauts 2?

The answer:

On 3/1/2019 at 6:01 PM, Chris said:

I should also mention that our Early Access launch was due to happen at the end of this month, but unfortunately this is likely to be delayed by several months. We're hoping that this won't inconvenience our backers too much though - the remaining Kickstarter keys will be sent out at the end of this month as promised, and we're looking into alternative ways people who missed the Kickstarter can buy into the beta and still receive a Steam / GOG key when we launch into Early Access further down the line. I notice Phoenix Point are using Xsolla to run their beta but still grant a Steam/GOG key on release, so perhaps we can do something similar...

Found in this post:

As I understand the Early access date was never set in stone, however the kickstarter backers who got the promise to have early access by new, should get closed beta access now.

Edited by wulf 21
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wulf 21 said:

The answer:

Found in this post:

As I understand the Early access date was never set in stone, however the kickstarter backers who got the promise to have early access by new, should get closed beta access now.

Thank you for the fast reply! From reading what you posted, there appears to be no set release date, and the game is nowhere near ready for even beta testing. I guess we wait for 2020 and see what happens.

We're hoping the game will be finished before 2020, but there isn't a fixed release date yet no. It's hard to say at what point the game reaches the point of being "playable" but I can tell you there's a few big features we need to implement before there's any chance of being there (although it might not take us more than a couple of months to implement them).

7 hours ago, Chris said:

We're hoping the game will be finished before 2020, but there isn't a fixed release date yet no. It's hard to say at what point the game reaches the point of being "playable" but I can tell you there's a few big features we need to implement before there's any chance of being there (although it might not take us more than a couple of months to implement them).

Fair enough. Is there a way to join the Kickstarter, or has that ship sailed? 

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

The full story is in this thread, but we're looking into Xsolla as a temporary way for people to buy into the beta and still get a Steam / GOG key when we do hit Early Access (so hopefully the answer will be yes): 

OK let me make this simple. I want to give you money. Right now. How do I do it?

9e9.gif

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gulskjegg said:

OK let me make this simple. I want to give you money. Right now. How do I do it?

Heh, alright. You can't give us your money literally now (mostly because I'd like to catch up on some sleep this weekend), but if all goes well you'll be able to buy into the beta next week.

You can either sign up for our mailing list to get a notification when it happens, or just check back at the end of next week and we should have the beta on sale on Xsolla by then.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, Chris said:

Heh, alright. You can't give us your money literally now (mostly because I'd like to catch up on some sleep this weekend), but if all goes well you'll be able to buy into the beta next week.

You can either sign up for our mailing list to get a notification when it happens, or just check back at the end of next week and we should have the beta on sale on Xsolla by then.

Hey Chris, any news on the Xsolla front? I am itching to join the beta!

On 4/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, lemondarkcider said:

Hey Chris, any news on the Xsolla front? I am itching to join the beta!

Yup, it's now all set up and ready to go. We'll make it available when we release Beta Build V4 which is hopefully arriving tomorrow - but this is subject to our testing not finding any major bugs, so if we do it may slip a few more days.

EDIT - here we go: