Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Geoscape Strategic Operations

They would probably think "oh no- more work!" That's why I like to focus on the little things that would make so much of a difference for so little outlay.

18 hours ago, ooey said:

They would probably think "oh no- more work!" That's why I like to focus on the little things that would make so much of a difference for so little outlay.

True, but not everything we spitball in the forums has to be in the game.  XCOM has already set the standard with offerings of multiple DLC and usually at least one decent expansion.  I'd not mind seeing some Xenonauts 2 DLC to add more content.

DLC would be great, yes. And I wouldn't mind paying a little for it if it were good.

Posted (edited)

I think strategic operations are to simple now. There is no trade off. You just recriut some extra soldiers and send them to all strategic operations that you see and you always succed in it. So it looks like just some extra clicks which always bring you the profit without any risk. There should be some risk and risk management. 

An obvious improvement will be to add difficulty levels to operations (so harder operations require more and better soldiers) and remove a limit of 3 soldiers which you can send and make it in the way that the more soldiers you send and with higher rank - the more chances to success. So let's say you can send 1 soldier to an operation and your chances to success are only 10% then. But if this 1 soldier is not private but colonel your chances are 30%. Or you can send 10 soldiers and your chances for success will be much higher... So both the number and the rank should matter

Moreover some operations can have some special requirements for strenght, bravery, reflexes and so on. Some should require some special equipment like laser weapon or whatever.

Edited by Rusknight