[V2.1 - Ground Combat] UI Bug after throwing grenade with more in inventory

wulf 21

Noticed this small bug.

How to reproduce:

• have 2 frag grenades (and maybe other grenade types, I think I had at least 2 smokes additionally) in inventory
  • throw a frag grenade after selecting it from quick slot --> the quick slot still does display that you have 2 frag grenades after that (Screenshot 1)
  • left click the quick slot --> nothing happens (grenade is not selected)
  • right click the quick quick slot --> now the quick slot correctly displays that you just have one frag left (and you can throw it)

Looks like the quick slot actually treats grenades as individual items and has still the same (now empty) slot selected after throwing - which is why the picture in the slot with the number of grenades does not update. I think, ive seen too that the quick slot was empty later during ground combat despite the solder having more grenades - which confirms my suspiction that the quick slot can stay selected at an empty slot in inventory.

(OT: Had to scale down the screenshots again. Looks like the forum software does not accept files > 2 MB. However it does not tell me that, the upload just is displayed as "queued" forever and not start).

Screenshot 1:

2019-02-26_2147_1.thumb.png.5242642985ce7d7f08035ef413f9ff27.png

Screenshot 2:

2019-02-26_2147_2.thumb.png.70b2ecf401b03bd48f41773c76eaeba6.png

On 3/1/2019 at 4:41 AM, Dren608 said:

Note I only experience this with a "shield" Armed Soldier. Other Main Weapons don't seem to have this issue.

Thanks for the report. We're going to be reworking the ground combat UI in the V4 series of builds, so I'll hold off logging / fixing this one for now as it likely won't be a problem in the new UI.